7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

my faux suede interior progress.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
my faux suede interior progress.

headliner done
im starting the plastic paneling next.
first i used a rotary sander then hand sanded the tighter areas i also sanded the back for better grip for the hot glue.

Last edited by lowlife9; 08-26-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 04-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jameslinkinpark will become famous soon enoughjameslinkinpark will become famous soon enough
Re: my faux suede interior progress.

So far so good. Cant wait to see the final product
Old 04-26-2009
Retired member

samadj91 is an unknown quantity at this point

This could be good... I'm waiting for the final product too.
Old 04-28-2009
Registered!!

philthepitcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great, what is the material called? was it easy to stretch onto the headliner? Looks like something that i should try...
Old 04-28-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the material is a faux suade i got from jo-ann fabric for 40 bucks the name brand was liz claiborne.i also used 3M high strength adhesive 90 spray glue.this particular material had very little stretch to it but you can make it work.
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

philthepitcher is an unknown quantity at this point

cool thanks
Old 04-29-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

More information on the process for the headliner?
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

Are you doing your entire interior or just specific sections? Looks good so far.
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

just the upper area headliner and panels also door inserts.as for the process remove headliner spray an area of the headliner with an evan amount of glue then the fabric not to much or the glue mite seep threw then smooth out with your hands applying small amount of pressure .there are more informative diys online with pics.the rest of the panels i mite replace with stock black if i can find it.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

You applied the fake suede right onto the existing material? I really want to try this but am very afraid.
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

yes rite on top of the old material and trust me i was scared to ive never done anything like this before. but i wanted a new look its really not that difficult . if you mess it up you can always start over.but like i said its not hard.just take your time. the back panel in the pic alone took me over an hour to complete not including the sanding.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-29-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

ive been looking for some faux suade (because in too cheap to get real suade) to do my headliner again for the 4th time lol. looks real nice, just like the real stuff.
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

why so many times????????
Old 04-29-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

trying different materials. and the first 2 times i kept getting wrinkles around the sunroof
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

yea if its not extremely stretchy its hard not to get wrinkles with the small amount of time you get before the glue sets im glad i don't have a sun roof.
Old 04-30-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Your one picture of the headliner single handedly convinced me to do mine. Was the fabric you bought wide enough to wrap around both sides? I think they only sell it a metre wide.
Old 04-30-2009
Registered!!

the fabric i got from jo-ann fabric was on a pole on the wall i had about a 4 inches of slack on both sides there was plenty of room to play with bring a measuring tape just to be positive .ow yea the jo-ann fabric near me is a super store so you mite not have the larger options at a smaller store .

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-30-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
the fabric i got from jo-ann fabric was on a pole on the wall i had about a 4 inches of slack on both sides there was plenty of room to play with bring a measuring tape just to be positive .ow yea the jo-ann fabric near me is a super store so you mite not have the larger options at a smaller store .
Or might not have any options, Jo-Anne's is only in the USA, we have Fabricland here which is almost the same. They have about 3000 rolls of fabrics there and it's where I got all the rest of the stuff in my car. They'd have black microsuede for sure.
So 4 inches on each side, hey? I already got a friend of mine going to sew up the visors, did you sew yours?
Old 04-30-2009
Registered!!

cjrager89 will become famous soon enough

i was actually planning on doing this really soon too. i want to do my headliner, pillars, and door panels in black suede (easy to find) but i wanna do the visors and the slide for the sunroof in orange (so hard to find!!) i have walmart and hobby lobby neither of which have the orange. ended up finding this website thats sending me samples. http://www.syfabrics.com/Browse.aspx/Suedes/252
anyone know where else i might be able to look thats on the gulf coast
Old 04-30-2009
Registered!!

jo anns had orange faux suade.and the visor if i can't get some one to sew i mite attempt to do it myself and if that fails im going to just dye it black.
Old 04-30-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by cjrager89
i was actually planning on doing this really soon too. i want to do my headliner, pillars, and door panels in black suede (easy to find) but i wanna do the visors and the slide for the sunroof in orange (so hard to find!!) i have walmart and hobby lobby neither of which have the orange. ended up finding this website thats sending me samples. http://www.syfabrics.com/Browse.aspx/Suedes/252
anyone know where else i might be able to look thats on the gulf coast
Let me know if you want me to pick it up and mail it to you. I've been around these forums for 4 years, everyone knows me and I don't plan on jacking anyone's money.

But if you're in the USA then go to Jo-Anne's or Micheal's. I'm not from there, I don't know what a Gulf Coast is.
Old 04-30-2009
Registered!!

gulf of mexico, we got different stores in the south than northern states (im from maryland woot woot!!) and i dont have a jo anns or michaels near me
Old 04-30-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by cjrager89
gulf of mexico, we got different stores in the south than northern states (im from maryland woot woot!!) and i dont have a jo anns or michaels near me
I lived in Atlanta last year, there was both Jo-Anne's and Micheal's there. That's not far from the coast. Too far for you to drive but very surprising if they don't have some stores a few hundred kilometres from there.
Old 05-03-2009
Registered!!

well its ms, i never expected much lol
Old 05-03-2009
Registered!!

here is some updated pics i had originally planed on putting the faux suede on the removable plastic inserts but they would not fit properly from the material being to thick so i just sanded and painted them black with some spray i had liying around but you could leave it the original color for some contrast.

Last edited by lowlife9; 08-26-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-03-2009
Registered!!

looks good! cant wait to see pics of it all installed. think u could have sanded the inserts down to make them a little smaller, that way when u wrap them, the thickness of the fabric makes them fit in there nice and snug
Old 05-05-2009
Registered!!

hay DEX how is the progress going????????
Old 05-05-2009
Registered!!

lowlife, u ever get pics of urs installed??
Old 05-05-2009
Registered!!

ive been lazy latley i have some left to do plus it been crappy weather im waiting for some sunlight i need plenty of ventilation .
Old 05-05-2009
Registered!!

lol the fumes are the best part!

Quick Reply: my faux suede interior progress.