7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

switching from normal to high def headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
switching from normal to high def headlights

I would like to switch my headlights over in my 05 ex coupe. Do I need any type of wire harness etc. or do I simply switch out the bulbs? I have never really done anything in this department so help would be appreciated. If a kit is required where would I find one and what would the price be? trying to keep it cheap as possible. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: switching from normal to high def headlights

HID kits with bulbs and ballasts are on ebay for less than $100. and you need an upgrade wire harness to hook it up. speaking from experience, they dont work very well and usually are not much brighter than the stock lamps. and its illegal because of the glare to other drivers.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KTciv_03 can only hope to improve

wtf are high def headlights. if its hid's your speaking of, they are high intensity discharge is what the acronym stands for. and with having experience with ebay kits ive been surprised with their quality actually. as long as you dont get anything higher than 12k the light ouput will be actually pretty good. ive had 8k hid's in my low beams and my fogs for a while now. sometimes at night i could easily just drive with my fogs on and see perfectly fine.
Old 04-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

dont buy cheap f**ckin ebay crap you mite as well burn your money rite know.get these there a good reliable ballast and the bulb is oem size to reduce glare.www.mobilehid.com they also come with a relay harness .also anything higher then 5000k and you start to lose visibility .

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-05-2009 at 07:12 PM.