7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ebay HID Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2_01 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation ebay HID Help!

ok so i got an ebay hid coversion kit, but it didnt come with a relay harness... am S.O.L. when it comes to installing it or is it possible to install with out relay harness and directly to oem harness, with exception of the digital ballasts, and the other connector that only has 2 wires on them... one red and one black... this is the kit i bought if it helps ...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=140306226491

if you can yahoo instant message me at agentnunez@yahoo.com
Old 03-13-2009
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ebay HID Help!

Do you a bulb for low beam and a bulb for high beam? or do you have one bulb for both?
Old 03-13-2009
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

/\/\ is asking if you have an 01-03 or an 04-05...
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

2001 civic and they are low beam only...

this is what it looks like...

this piece is where im cinfused as how to connect to my oem plug...

Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: ebay HID Help!

its no big deal...you are not out of luck. despite everyone on here saying you need to use a relay...i installed mine without using one and i havent had a problem in 3 years and i have a similar kit.

install the new hid bulbs like normal, plug the bulbs into the ballast like normal, and then connect the ballast to your oem harness.

coming out of the ballast will be two wires, i think it should be a red and black. now they should have included a little plastic thing that is shaped similar to your harness that has 3 holes in it (this plastic thing will look similar to your oem harness). you will need to place the red and black wire each into 1 of those 3 holes (this will make your harness look like a male end) and plug it into your oem harness (which would be like the female end). once youve done that, turn your headlights on and see if they turn on. if they do not, that means you have the black and red wire in the wrong 2 of 3 holes or you have them in the wrong combination. just unplug it from your oem harness, and try another combination of holes with the red and black wire, plug it back in, and try to turn on your headlights again.

i dont remember exactly which one of the holes i placed each wire into though so you may have to do some trial and error. it shouldnt take more than a couple minutes to do since theres really only 6 possible combinations they can be placed into it. but if i remember...i think the black was in the top hole, and the red was in the right hole.

this is all hoping they gave you the little plastic thing thats shaped like your oem harness that you slide your wires into. if they didnt, you may have to just push the wires directly into your oem harness and figure out a way to keep them there.
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

oh nice, as i was typing that post you put up that picture. i see the little clip you need right there. just do as i just described and youre all good.

oh and by the way. with this particular type of kit, you will not have daytime running lights (useless as **** on a bull anyway) and you will not have high beams (irrelevant 99% of time anyway).

there is also one thing i think you should do as well, and its swap out your head light fuses for a different amp fuse. i will look tomorrow if you want at exactly which two fuses you should swap out, and which two new ones you should put in place. you shouldnt have any problems, but this is just extra precaution and just to be safe.
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

Talking Re: ebay HID Help!

ok ok ok... me and manahoonie got working... heres some pics of my hid kit and my jdm fog light kit too...

Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

Talking Re: ebay HID Help!

Manahoonie you rock!!!!
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

03civicEXauto is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't recommend plugging them in right to the harness i have the exact same ebay h.i.d. kit as you same brand and everything it melted my driver side harness. I can't even run an oem bulb the harness won't turn it on now.

I only have highbeams now.

Instead, run a fused link from the battery and a relay switch and the remote turn on wire from either side or in my case, the side thats not melted.

Just looking out for you if you'd like i can post up pics of my setup and how i mounted everything
Old 03-15-2009
Registered!!

yeah what did you do .. cuz i got mine set up to oem plug and it works fine, but was wondering if i should get a relay harness