7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Radio Lock Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda450RCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio Lock Code

So I took my battery off yesterday and of course it locked the Radio. So I grabbed my book with the lock code in it and entered it in. It did not work I tired the times. You just type in the 6 digit number with the presets correct? There is no trick to it? The other number on the card is the vin for the vehicle right?

I am pretty sure I know what happened, I didnt get a code card the day I bought it so I went back and they just gave me anyone that was lieing around to get rid of me.

What do I need to do now to get the right code?
Old 10-20-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radio Lock Code

gotta goto dealer and possibly the parts counter can look up the code based on your vin number. but i think they need the radio serial number on the back of the deck. on some cars you can hold down the 1 and 6 buttons and it will display the serial, that way you wont have to take the deck out to read it.
Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

No luck getting the code out of it that way its already locked. The dealer does not have it on record of course.

They told me they would let me know if they need to take it out and how much it would cost. What a bunch of scumbags they gave me the wrong code to start with.
Old 10-20-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Is there a small white sticker inside glove box ??
Old 10-20-2008
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

well that means its time to get a new deck if your going to have to pay money to get a stock one fixed up.
Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
Is there a small white sticker inside glove box ??
Ill check I think I just have the card though, someone said the trunk in another thread but I didnt see anything there.

I thought about putting a new radio in there but I have sirius I just need a radio turner. I could care less about anything else.
Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

mad_ox1 will become famous soon enough

My code is 5 digits.
Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

OverWorkd17 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey 450 i had to do this a few weeks back. you said that you have your manuel, go to the back of it and get the official u.s.a. headquarters # call them and they will walk you through the process to get the serial off the radio and give you the un-lock code over the phone it took me 2 min to unlock mine when i pulled the cables to clean the terminal points on my battery.
Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

redem is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, even though it's locked, you can still access the code just like gearbox. try it your self and give them the code that you get. they did it on mine no problem, same with my acura and gf's civic, don't need to pay **** j
Old 10-20-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

also if youre locked out, you need to reset battery or radio fuse to try code again.
Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

I took it back to the dealer today. She turned off the radio and pushed the power button and preset 1. This gave the serial number to my radio. She then used my vin to and serial to cross reference the honda data base and got my unlock code. It was a good thing I was ready to be super POed if the had to take in my civic and pull the radio from the dash.

All is good now I can listen to Howard on my way to work again.
Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

did they charge you for that?

my friend ran into this problem last month with his rsx-s. he was doing something on it and ended up needing to unlock his stock stereo. he never had his code so the guys at acura said you can bring it in and we have two options. we can give you a new factory deck which is about 300, or wewill charge you an hour of labour at 150/hr to remove the deck, look at the serial and get your code, and install it back in place. meanwhile over at best buy he got a nice aftermarket jvc deck with install for 150.

it was a brainless decision since anyone would want the aftermarket deck instead especially when they install it for you too. not to mention that since they put in his aftermarket deck, he also now has his stock stereo in his hands WITH THE SERIAL # ON THE BACK which the dealer wanted 150 to do anyway. so its almost like he got the aftermarket deck + install for free.
Old 10-25-2008
Registered!!

Fox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond repute

car dealers are *******s. i tried to go in with my serial number on the back and they still wanted a hundred bucks to tell me my code. I'm just gonna call US Headquarters and complain on monday and get them to give me the code. This is just retarded... Gay assed dealerships wanting to take advantage of somebody in a crappy situation to make a hundred bucks. What a great way to try and scam somebody.
Old 02-12-2016
Registered!!

Reverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of lightReverb2005 is a glorious beacon of light

Good, now take that info to the dealership with your ownership and they will give you the radio code! You can't get it from any website.

Google translate...

Bueno , ahora a tomar esa información a la concesionaria con su propiedad y que le dará el código de radio ! No se puede obtener de cualquier sitio web.