7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How many miles do you get per tank of gas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protan988 is an unknown quantity at this point
How many miles do you get per tank of gas?

Hey guys just curious as to what everyone is getting per tank of gas? What do you drive, automatic or Standard? Any modifications? GO!

I drive an 01 Civic SI Standard. Only modification is a K&N air filter. I usually get about 600-650km to a 40L tank of gas. (From full to gas light) which comes to about 6.1L per 100km. Anyways how is your gas?

Last edited by Protan988; 10-20-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Title wrong
Old 10-15-2008
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Re: How much gas do you get per tank of gas?

Never really looked into it. But I drive 10 days between fillups. 8 of those days are mainly commuting to and from work with is around 60 miles round trip. 1/2 city 1/2 highway. And 2 weekend days where I probably put another 40-50 miles or so on the car, luckly I live in the city and in the middle of everything so I dont have to drive far to do much.

2001 EX Engine w/DX tranny

Last edited by ajhdragon; 10-15-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

2001 LX Manual. I usually pull about 450 miles out of a tank. I usually wait 20 or 30 miles after the light comes on to fill up. K&N drop in filter.
Old 10-15-2008
Love me some nice, long-lasting vics!

jgcentury will become famous soon enoughjgcentury will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
Never really looked into it. But I drive 10 days between fillups. 8 of those days are mainly commuting to and from work with is around 60 miles round trip. 1/2 city 1/2 highway. And 2 weekend days where I probably put another 40-50 miles or so on the car, luckly I live in the city and in the middle of everything so I dont have to drive far to do much.

2001 EX Engine w/DX tranny
WOW!!!! 60 x 8 = 480miles + 40-50 more = 520-530miles per tank but lets just say you over shot it a bit and go with 500. Now 13.2gal(size of our tanks) but I'm guessing you don't drift into the station on fumes so lets say you have .5 gal left. That makes 500/12.7= 39.37mpg. Which doesn't sound all that crazy. However I've never gotten more than about 430miles out of a tank with all hwy driving and I'll assume I had at least a gallon left at fill-up time. What is your secret? Being a smartass, but seriously if your mileage is that good, do you have some tips? I putt around so the tip of slowing down does me no good. You can't drive much slower than me in my slow *** 7th gen.

Last edited by jgcentury; 10-15-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-15-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Out of every tank of gas I get about a tank....give or take.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
NO WAI
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

eknibbler can only hope to improve

Hell, I only get 18 mpg! I have to use premium everytime also!
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

Krieger is an unknown quantity at this point

18?!
wtf did u do to ur car?
Old 10-15-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i get anywhere between 20-30mpg depending on driving style.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
i get anywhere between 20-30mpg depending on driving style.
Same here.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

eknibbler can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Krieger
18?!
wtf did u do to ur car?
Fully built engine w/ GT40R Turbo & 880 cc Inj.
Oh, and racing Trans Ams well over 140 on the interstate doesn't help either.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

ahailey will become famous soon enough

i also usually get between 20-30, except for one time driving down to dallas i got a little over 40, all highway tho. i usually go right at about 400 miles on a tank, and i've ran out of gas a few times forgetting to watch the mileage cuz my gauge doesn't work, one time was at 396 miles.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

brettf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeX
Hey wow thats exactly the same as what i get... give or take.
Old 10-16-2008
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Well I'm testing that very thing now, and so far with a 1/4 tank left i've gotten 290 miles. Of course I drive like I have a lead foot.
Old 10-16-2008
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold

really just hevy upkeep with the maintenance of the car. I change my oil religiously at 3k. Make sure all my tires are to proper levels, clean and rewet my air filter every oil change(K&N cone on cheap CAI). And I drive liek a decent human. But I have to correct my actual mileage to work and back is 48 miles round trip I checked it today. And I usually roll into the gas station about 10-15 miles after the gas light comes on.
Old 10-16-2008
Registered!!

DefiantOne is an unknown quantity at this point

Ajhdragon has an upperhand with the dx tranny on a ex motor because it has longer gears so lower rpm at highway speed. The higher the rpm the more your engine will work, this is why the nation did 55mph on highway during a previous oil crisis of the 70's because you save a substantial ammount in fuel. (Spelling may be off a bit on some words, lulz). I put 20 dollars in worth of fuel at right around 3.30 a gallon and it has lasted me about 1 week and i still have an 1/8th tank left, and thats from driving 5 days a week which is close to 20 miles to and from work and who knows how much i drive on the weekend.

Sure beats my 96 v8 exploder with 10 mpg
Old 10-16-2008
Registered!!

andchhun is an unknown quantity at this point

05 civic ex auto
about 30 mpg!
Old 10-16-2008
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point

About 700 in the summer Transmission is CVT auto.

But then, the only mods I have is that I lowered my car a few inches. Oh, and it is an 03 hybrid.
Old 10-16-2008

jgcentury will become famous soon enoughjgcentury will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
really just hevy upkeep with the maintenance of the car. I change my oil religiously at 3k. Make sure all my tires are to proper levels, clean and rewet my air filter every oil change(K&N cone on cheap CAI). And I drive liek a decent human. But I have to correct my actual mileage to work and back is 48 miles round trip I checked it today. And I usually roll into the gas station about 10-15 miles after the gas light comes on.
I was just teasin ya buddy! I figured you just did a quick number slap-up guesstimating your miles. Like my O.P. said, just being a smartass.
Old 10-16-2008

Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tbaleno
About 700 in the summer Transmission is CVT auto.

But then, the only mods I have is that I lowered my car a few inches. Oh, and it is an 03 hybrid.
Well that's cheating! No hybrids allowed! ^^

My gas mileage went down after putting in a fuel-system cleaner via brake booster... I think something got clogged like a plug in my PCV valve. I'm looking at something like 28-30mpg rather than 35 that I get sometimes. I drive an 01 Civic DX 5 speed.
Old 10-17-2008

Originally Posted by Albertross
Well that's cheating! No hybrids allowed! ^^

My gas mileage went down after putting in a fuel-system cleaner via brake booster... I think something got clogged like a plug in my PCV valve. I'm looking at something like 28-30mpg rather than 35 that I get sometimes. I drive an 01 Civic DX 5 speed.
Putting in a fuel system cleaner via brake booster?????????????
Old 10-17-2008

Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jgcentury
Putting in a fuel system cleaner via brake booster?????????????
Haha, oops. No, not through the brake booster. I meant the vacuum line that connects to the brake booster. I would've done it though the actual intake, which is almost a direct shot to the injectors and such, but I figured with the vacuum line I can suck all the stuff in.
Old 10-18-2008
Registered!!

dr_dx is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: How much gas do you get per tank of gas?

Last tank w/ no fuel light:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...vic800tank.jpg

Current tank so far:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...vicpics032.jpg

tricked out 2004 HX MT
Old 10-20-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dr_dx
Last tank w/ no fuel light:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...vic800tank.jpg

Current tank so far:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...vicpics032.jpg

tricked out 2004 HX MT
Do you drive a hybrid?
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

cancov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How many miles do you get per tank of gas?

01 EX Coupe, 5sp, AEM V2 intake, Mobil 1 oil, factory 15" wheels and tires (30 PSI)

I calculate my mpg by filling up every time and letting it kick back at the same gas station and I try to get the same pump. From there, I take the mileage I got on that tank, or part of a tank, and divide by the number of gallons I replaced in the tank.

Here is where I become a dork. I got the idea to begin writing the mileage on the reciept that has the gallons I pumped in and collected from around August to the present. And then I had some down time one night and entered this into Microsoft Excel to produce the data table and graphic below. I wanted to see how beneficial driving more conservatively saved me at the gas pump.

Some explanation, when I didn't drive conservatively, I averaged right around 34 mpg and that included higher revs (4000-6000 RPM shifts), 80 miles per hour interstate, all in all agresive driving. Beginning in August, I have limited myself, ever as hard as it is, to 3000 RPM shifts and 60 miles per hour. My wife gives me grief, but I tell her I'm fighting terorism by lowering my dependance on foriegn oil.

The table has a column named efficiency and this is my calculation of efficiency relative to the 34 mpg that I got driving aggresively. I get this by:
((New MPG - 34) / 34)*100
and then I add these efficiencies and divide by 100 to get the number of fill-ups I have saved. From here I just mulitply that by the 13.2 gallon tank and the going gas rate to see how much I've saved in dollar signs. I also took all the MPG's and averaged them to get 41.57 MPG since I have began driving conservatively. And then I graphed the MPG per date.

So yeah, I'm a dork but I have the data to show that driving conservatively DOES make a difference.

Oh, and the next tank is not going to be that good. I drove the same but I put a tank of premium octane 93 and some fuel injector cleaner just to kind of clean the fuel system. I usually just go with 87 octane.

Last edited by cancov; 10-29-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2008

Your dorkiness shows. ^^ lol, nonetheless, always interesting to see the actual empirical data presented in a clean manner for all of us to read, and to prove a point. I was wondering why my mileage went down... I seriously thought aggressive driving had little effect on gas mileage because when I measured it, I barely saw any difference how much I travel per tank until recently, when it went down a lot for a few fill-ups.
Old 10-29-2008
Registered!!

02civicg5 will become famous soon enough

460 to the tank, i just have an aem intake and use syntec oil. oh and 87 fuel and only use BP and Hess fuel..
Old 10-30-2008
Registered!!

cancov is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I go to Murphey's Express, cheapest place in town plus $0.49 any size fountain drinks. Its the only gas station I've gone to since August. I don't necessarily trust others.
Old 11-02-2008
Registered!!

ADMCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

01 Coupe Si/EX 5 Speed anywhere between 5.5L/100KM to about 8L/100KM depending on where im going and driving style. Which means from full to dry min of 600KM per tank.
Old 11-05-2008
Banned

user 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of lightuser 92982 is a glorious beacon of light

I get roughly 350 - 400 per tank.

Quick Reply: How many miles do you get per tank of gas?