7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andchhun is an unknown quantity at this point
Opinions please

Ok so I'm thinkin about getting the bronze rota grid for my 05 silver civic i was wondering what everyone thinks of it. Can you guys post pictures if possible because im still debating on them i'm thinkin about also just getting the bronze te37's. But i want an idea of what they would look like on my car before i buy them. goin for 195/45/16
thats my car

Last edited by andchhun; 10-14-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Opinions please

That size is small, the right size is either 205/50/16 or 215/50/16 (this is the perfect size).
Old 10-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

keep your special edition rims and use that money to get coilovers
Old 10-14-2008
Registered!!

Fox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond repute

do coilovers ride as bad as people say they do? i guess it probably depends on how you have them set and what brand?... sorry for hijacking your thread. i just put 18s on mine and i say you should go bigger.
Old 10-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LemmieHill is a jewel in the roughLemmieHill is a jewel in the roughLemmieHill is a jewel in the rough

Most people that say coil overs ride badly are referring to sleeve-over style coils (ground control coils) which do tend to be bouncy. These are the coils that just slide over your stock strut but they were really made for looks and not functionality. Real coilovers like teins will definitely stiffen up your ride, but in my opinion I like my car to feel that way because it feels like you have way more control and you do.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

coming from a guy who'sbeen on springs/shocks, coilovers, back on stock shocks, and then back on coilovers
i would go with coilovers over everything else. it will be stiff for a couple of days but your body will adjust to it and gradually you'd want to go stiffer and stiffer.
Old 10-15-2008
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold

Why would you want to be so stiff in a ride? Its a everyday street car. Get a good set of Springs and Shocks. They ride is way smoother. Ive had coilovers and springs. Coliovers suck and no point in needing adjustable coilovers on a street car.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LemmieHill is a jewel in the roughLemmieHill is a jewel in the roughLemmieHill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
Why would you want to be so stiff in a ride? Its a everyday street car. Get a good set of Springs and Shocks. They ride is way smoother. Ive had coilovers and springs. Coliovers suck and no point in needing adjustable coilovers on a street car.
Coil overs are real handy when it comes time to get that lowered car on the lift in the garage, or even worse but gettin it up onto a tow truck. If you want a comfy ride, then stay stock. If you wont mild performance and retain some comfort, get a good spring/strut combo. If you plan on pulling some real lateral g's, get a set of coils. But no matter which you choose, stay away from the "ground control" coils.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

depends on what kind of coilovers
-tein basics are pretty soft
and don't ride like **** - they are pretty good on smooth freeways