7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

7th Gen halo headlights help

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chavalo89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 7th Gen halo headlights help

if i silicone my headlights can i later on open them up or are they sealed for good?
Old 09-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

oh yeah, you can definitely get back in them later on. silicone does not seal hard and solid the way something like pl-400 or epoxy does. silicone stays really soft and can easily be peeled or cut off. if you have to open them back up at any point, just slide a knife down the seam or something like that...then you can probably even roll the silicone off with just using your finger....almost like you would with rubber cement.
Old 09-21-2008
Registered!!

Gumdrop is an unknown quantity at this point

will i have to remove the corner lens from my old headlights and put them in my new headlights??
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

ahm...if you want it there...then yes youd have to take it out of your stocks and put it in. thats considering these aftermarket ones have the little notches that the piece can snap into. it doesnt just sit in your stock lights, it actually snaps in place using 4 or 5 little tiny holes that you can see if you look closely.

most people take that thing out because of how hideous it looks, using the diy head light clearing. but yeah if you want to keep the amber looking things, youll have to check if your new headlights will take them.

if youre asking if you 'need' them there legally, no you dont, as long as you use amber coloured bulbs.
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

okay so this means im going to have to buy amber bulbs =/ lol correct? or are my stock corner bulbs already amber
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

yep, thats what it means. youll have to go out and get some and i believe the bulb model # is 7443.

your stock ones are not amber. theyre just plain jane bulbs that light up normal yellow. the headlight housing was amber and thats why it gave off the amber light, since the bulb colour inside didnt matter. now it does, because the only light youll see is from the bulb itself, no amber plastic piece covering it.
Old 09-22-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

good luck finding amber 7443 bulbs. there are plenty of 7440, but then you wont have it as a park light. only place i found some is ebay seller "autopartshouse". im actually using a 7440 bulb cause i think one park light is enough. makes the signal more visible too if it only flashes by itself. if you go with 7440, you can get the silvervision bulb from philips which looks chrome but flashes bright amber. like in the pic below... i have silvervision signal and amber led park light

Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

yea those silvervisions look good, ive seen them before and at one point thought about getting them...theyre expensive.

i decided against it though because i have white turn/parking lights.

and before you ask gumdrop, yes a 7440 will fit in any 7443 spot. the only difference is 7443 has an extra filament, so when you turn the lights on, the bulb is on, when you signal, it flashes brighter. almost like a brake light. 7440 only turns on when you hit the signal light.
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

okay thanks im gonna go with the 7440 silvervision if i have the money, im gonna stop at autozone right now really quick to check prices, i got 10$ in my pocket so maybe ill find some good ones

EDIT: found some 7440 bulbs, not the silvervision though just some cheap 7-8 dollar ones, it will do

Last edited by Gumdrop; 09-22-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

yeah that should be fine. the nice thing about the silvervision is that theyre chrome so they look nice if youre going for a completely chromed out look when your lights are off or in the daytime. if youre not too concerned, the regular bulbs are the same without the chrome coating.

have you actually done your lights yet? or did you just pick the bulbs up for now?
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

well i just put the 1st coat of silicon on them right now, im waitin until tomorrow to do the 2nd coat cuz i have a SHITLOAD of college homework...they will be installed this weekend, i already put in my silverstar bulbs tho, 1 thing out of the way...
Old 09-22-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you know i was changing my lights around, and i ended up going back to regular amber bulb, but the 7440 i had wouldnt fit in the socket. i found some 7443 and they went right in. very weird...
Old 09-22-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
you know i was changing my lights around, and i ended up going back to regular amber bulb, but the 7440 i had wouldnt fit in the socket. i found some 7443 and they went right in. very weird...
so the 7440 wont fit in my socket? does that mean ill have to return them and find 7443 amber bulbs?
or was it just a weird occasion
Old 09-23-2008
Premium Member

idk, try them and see i guess. the lil bumps on the base were different.

on a side note, i have a bunch of 7440 silvervisions if anyone wants. one pair new in box, un modded for $25 shipped. you will have to dremel off the glass tabs on the base. i also have a slightly used pair already modded to fit front civic socket for $12 shipped. used maybe 6 months, but i rarely have them on more than 5 secs when turning. otherwise i turn it off waiting at intersections. lot of life left on them.
Old 09-23-2008
Registered!!

hmm nice, well if these 7440s dont fit i might think about takin those silvervisions off you =)
Old 09-24-2008
Registered!!

finished my headlights!!!!!!! here they are!!!!!!!!!! sorry for dbl post

1st pic they are really dark dunno why, but in person they are alot more clear
my lights are on in the second pic, it was daylight and i still need to adjust them...doin that tonight

and yep the 7440's fit lol

Last edited by Gumdrop; 09-29-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2008
Registered!!

oh wow those are dark as hell...im not sure how well its going to be at night, but keep us updated.

what bulbs are in there, are those the ultras?
Old 09-24-2008
Premium Member

closeup and better pics? looks like the whole housing is tinted.
Old 09-24-2008
Registered!!

okay ill go snap some closeups, they are dark as **** but no tint at all....back housing is black thats all,
ya those are the ultras

EDIT: heres some closeups

note that the last picture the flash was on so u could maybe see there is no tint

Last edited by Gumdrop; 09-24-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2008
Premium Member

looks good, post some night pics against a wall and on the ground if you can.
Old 09-24-2008
Registered!!

okay i will once i get them adjusted, gotta find a parkin garage or a big area to use to adjust em, or just get em done professionally...lol
Old 09-24-2008
Premium Member

no need for professional, just park 25 ft away from white wall on level ground. measure from the ground up to the center of the headlight. then goto the wall and measure that same distance up and make a mark. turn the lights on, and the lower cutoff of each side should be 2 inches below the mark you made.
Old 09-24-2008
Registered!!

yeah i know i read your DIY (which is a great DIY by the way), but i need to find a white wall that i can park 25ft away from level ground, lmao....thats the hard part
Old 09-24-2008
Premium Member

walmart at night usually delivers with that part. its mostly flat around the perimeter and there are plenty of walls. doesnt have to be white, so long as you can make out the beam and cutoff.
Old 09-25-2008
Registered!!

okay thanks for the suggestion, me n my dad will go out there this week n ill post some pics of my lights at night and the beam

EDIT: i didnt get any pics of my cutoff yet, i just did it behind home depot and my left headlight does not turn left nor right, only up and down....so thats pissing me off, but my right headlight is correctly aligned...they are both aligned vertically correctly, but only the right is adjusted horiz. ......idk what to do about the other one

Last edited by Gumdrop; 09-25-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2008
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gumdrop
okay thanks for the suggestion, me n my dad will go out there this week n ill post some pics of my lights at night and the beam

EDIT: i didnt get any pics of my cutoff yet, i just did it behind home depot and my left headlight does not turn left nor right, only up and down....so thats pissing me off, but my right headlight is correctly aligned...they are both aligned vertically correctly, but only the right is adjusted horiz. ......idk what to do about the other one
I am looking at a similar set on eBay (my car is the sedan version of yours); do you mean that the horizontal adjustment for the left light isn't working or that there is no horizontal adjustment at all?
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

the horizontal adjustment for the left light just isn't working, all of the adjustment 10mm bolts are there, but only that one does not work, i twisted for about 10minutes straight and no movement of the light....the other one worked just fine

lights are not as bright as the stock ones, but still..the ultras make a difference, im sure the stock bulbs would have been worse....i can see just fine though

Last edited by Gumdrop; 09-26-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-26-2008
Premium Member

technically, youre not supposed to adjust (or be able to adjust) horizontal aim of reflectors. thats just what they say. on coupes there is not even an adjustment, and on sedan its covered with a plastic piece. idk, maybe just look for some oem lights on ebay and black them out yourself if youre not happy with ebay ones..
Old 09-26-2008
Registered!!

the problem is, i like how my headlights look mean...but i dont like how its ALL blacked out, for instance

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...ayphotohosting

those are all black except for the headlight bulb area, it will reflect more light..correct?
Old 09-27-2008
Premium Member

yours are all blacked out? i thought the middle part was chrome where the bulb is. so theyre not like the ones in the link?

Quick Reply: 7th Gen halo headlights help