7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

2001 Civic EX Clutch Options

Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01civicexblue is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Civic EX Clutch Options

I am new to the forum so if I am posting this in the wrong area I do apoligze. My question is in regards to my clutch. I want to replace it with something better than stock, but I dont need anything but for DD, if I do anything to the car it would be intake and exhaust. I was looking at Centerforce dual friction or stage 1. The dual friction may be too much for my application. Any way if someone can lead me in the right direction that would be perfect. Thanks again you guys are the best.
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Re: 2001 Civic EX Clutch Options

if its just for daily driving and you have no intentions on really messing around at all...what exactly do you need to upgrade it for? is there anything thats bothering you about the current clutch? or is it time for a new one and youve just decided you may as well get a better one?

what exactly are you hoping for in a new one if your current one is still good...if its just for daily driving? it might help us give you a hand in finding the right one.
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

When I do get a new clutch, I would get Exedy Organic Stage clutch. I've heard good things about them.
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

Sorry for not providing more details. I want it to be a little stiffer and take a little bit more abuse than stock, obviously when you shift fast the clutch slips some, thats why is was thinking of a centerforce dual friction or stage one. I mainly want something a little stiffer. Something I can feel a little better when it grabs. I figured if i can get a centerforce for the same price or a little more than stock, why not my buddy has one in his camaro and its great. I have never been to big on organic crap, seems it would not take a lot of abuse, not that I drive the **** out of it or anything but, you guys have more experience with this stuff, so let me know if centerforce is good or not, and my mechanic told me that the stock flywheel is fine just turn it.
Old 08-27-2008
Registered!!

BTW the tranny has to come out of the car because of this http://https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/309866-01-ex-5-speed-prob-missed-third.html Any help on that is also appreciated.
Old 08-28-2008
Registered!!

I have been doing some research and ACT seems like a very reliable company, and I actually picked out a clutch let me know your thoughts on it. http://www.advancedclutch.com/produc...d_id=1968#1968 The Model is the HC5-HDSS. I think that should be about what im looking for, let me know!!!! Thanks