7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

Okay since my first epic thread was deleted, we are gonna start fresh again here. This is for the newbies and anyone else who has a question about do-it-yourself mods and general civic info. I will do my best to try and answer, and other members are also welcome to post their input.

I hope the last few peeps who posted in the old thread will repost in this one. I did not get a chance to read all the questions before the thread went down. Lets get this thing rolling again!

Here is the original V1 thread archives if anyone wants to see it:

http://web.archive.org/web/200804062...diy-stuff.html

Last edited by gearbox; 06-08-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

dear gearbox, how do i retrofit headlights???

hahaha
Old 08-07-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

very funny theres a thread about that. and you already know how to do it

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...-retrofit.html

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...cs-inside.html
Old 08-07-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

How do I keep my thread from being deleted?
Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

how did your post get deleted we were on page 348 somting
Old 08-07-2008
Premium Member

well i know who did it but not sure why, so i wont start anything over it. just move on.
Old 08-07-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

they deleted it because it became filled with gay black ****.
Old 08-07-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

lol "we have a whole do it your self section"

Wooooot for V2!!!
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted

Hey Gearbox, for the 01 to 03 cluster swap, I don't need new blue & green connectors right? I just simply re-pin the ones I already have?

I just want to double check because a lot of the clusters on ebay don't include the blue & green connectors.

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member

yeah just repin. the plugs are the same for both clusters. just make sure and disconnect the battery before doing the wire swaps lol
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

04CivicLX is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I have an 01 EX, and the actuator for the power locks in the driver door has gone bad.

I have received a qouted price of $56 for this part at the dealership, and was wondering if anyone could point to an online retailer that has it cheaper.

Also, one last request if someone could post pics of what it looks like inside the door, and possibly some directions for replacing it.

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member

hmm, i never replaced mine, but from what i hear its easy if you have skinny hands lol. its simple to remove the panel, then the plastic cover and you can reach in to change the part. hold the window from falling too. check www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for a cheaper price. alot of times they are 1/2 cheaper than local dealer.
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted

I found on a previous post that you had a civic hybrid climate control ****. I was wondering where you picked it up.
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member

dealer, and actually it was only the temp dial insert. i kept the stock ****. to most people it blends right in, its a tad more silvery tho than the stock piece. but it looks way better at night.

Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

Do you happen to remember how much the dial insert cost you?

hmmm if its a little more silvery I may have to switch all three inserts. Little things like that tend to annoy me. haha
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

04CivicLX is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering if someone could help me in ordering the correct part. I posted the link to the page of the site you listed that corresponds to door locks below.

The actuator is listed as parts #32 and #56. If I had to guess one of those parts is the drivers door and the other the passenger but I am unsure. Could some one tell me if I need to order #32 from the illustration (part # 375100) or #56 (part # 492185).

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...KS&vinsrch=yes

Also one last question, if I order the wrong part, what is the return policy like on that site.

Thanks.

Last edited by 04CivicLX; 08-10-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: fat-fingering the keyboard.
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member

hmm not sure, you may want to ask the dealer to look it up for you first to get the number. it seems there is no distinction in the description. usually they put L or R for side specific apps.

for the heater dial, it was kinda expensive, like $20 i think but i cant remember. i thought about getting the others to match but they wouldnt work at all. the icons are in different spots and the AUTO is on them too since hybrid has different climate controls.
Old 08-12-2008
Registered!!

Can you post pictures of your orange led dash install? The pictures are gone from your original post. Specifically pictures with the leds showing. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2008
Premium Member

yeah i have it somewhere. any ideas why one fog light suddenly stops working??
Old 08-12-2008
Registered!!

If i had to guess I would say maybe the bulb or a short
Old 08-14-2008
Premium Member

heres what i found, basically used 5 leds for each dial, behind each icon, and then two leds per button. it was a very tight fit but theres no other way. i used epoxy to hold them, altho i shouldve went with something better like silicone for a better bond. epoxy tends to crack easily but i guess its holding up okay.

Old 08-14-2008
Registered!!

H-Ian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Gearbox.
Wondering if you could tell me how to adjust my door. I would like to be able to tilt the top of the door inwards if thats possible, to help it seal better. My door was messed up after having a towing company open my car after locking keys in there.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...eaky-door.html
Old 08-14-2008
Premium Member

yeah thats gonna have to be body shop work if at all possible. i tried to do the same to my rear door to get it flush with the body panel, but couldnt do it. my front door is similar to yours too, i had to get it opened by locksmith and he pried it open, now the window squeaks when it goes up.
Old 08-14-2008
Registered!!

colourwolf will become famous soon enough

Sir gearbox,

Do you have the DIY progress rear sway bar adapter, the pictures on the Old DIY are dead.

Merci~~
Old 08-14-2008
Premium Member

sorry no, i only have rsx bar.
Old 08-15-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

nvm
do not want

Last edited by Envy; 08-16-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-16-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

How do I mount an RSX rear bar to my 01 LX? If I am not mistaken the only thing that comes in the progress adapter kit are brackets to attached bar to lower arm. How do I go about attaching the bar to my chassis?
Old 08-16-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

from what i just looked up, the lx has the same sway as the ex. I just mounted an rsx sway onto my ex a few weeks ago and it just bolted right up. I used the rsx sway bar and the rsx endlinks. I am not sure if you have to use the rsx endlinks though.
Old 08-16-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

No stock sway on my car. Am I just drilling holes and mounting that **** or what?
Old 08-16-2008

Albertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond reputeAlbertross has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Gotta get that mounting kit + a drill for those of us who don't have the stock rear sway bar.

Quick Reply: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!