7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turtle87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

dear gearbox. i have an 05 civic lx and i want to know to install fog light on it? can u help me?
Old 09-20-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by turtle87
dear gearbox. i have an 05 civic lx and i want to know to install fog light on it? can u help me?
there are plenty of threads that show u how to install it. SEARCH and READ....
Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

Raver208 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's Up, Gearbox?

My wife has a 2003 Honda Civic LX. It has those black caps that cover the bolts affixing the wiper arms to the cowl beneath the windshield. One is missing. Anyplace I can purchase just those. I didn't see them on E-Bay anywhere, nor on autoanything.com, autopartswarehouse.com, etc.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

army-idk what else it could be, you might just have to get a whole new shifter console piece if its not moving.

-fog light install, this site has pdf instructions. www.handaaccessories.com

sleepyrice- yeah my name is steve. i havent used the nissan sealer but i did use the 3m window weld which is basically the same butyl based sealer. its sticky and somewhat messy, but stupid me used it on the outside of the light to seal it lol. and some of the goo on one side is visible through the fender gap. so i may need to redo that later. i just needed something fast to keep them closed.

raver-for the caps, gotta visit the dealer and i think they can be ordered separately. or order online from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com if your dealer sucks and marks up prices too high.
Old 09-25-2008
Tew
Registered!!

Tew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah thats gonna have to be body shop work if at all possible. i tried to do the same to my rear door to get it flush with the body panel, but couldnt do it. my front door is similar to yours too, i had to get it opened by locksmith and he pried it open, now the window squeaks when it goes up.
Basically the same happened to me just I got hit and the insurance company refused to pay and no one will take my case so I got screwed. When he pried your door open he probably bent your door and caused a wrinkle in the door panel, might have also bent you hinge. Need to buy a new door and replace it with the old. There's no bending it back because if you try you’re only causing more wrinkles in the structer and it will never be the same so buy and install a new door. Don't take my word for it if you don't want to. Just remember dealing with cars, the only permanent fix is to replace the item. installing doors suck though.

Last edited by Tew; 09-25-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2008
Tew
Registered!!

Tew is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I was looking for a rear disk brake conversion kits for my car. Bad news to me there are none. So I have to do it myself. Someone posted me on another part of the forum and said that the acura el disk brakes bolt right on. Just what else do I have to do to convert the rear drums to disk brakes Hopefully without swapping out engines and suspension? I have a 05 civic vp and wanting to keep the suspension but convert the drums to brakes so its less money later on. after fixing the body i am building a custom D17A1 engine but i need to switch some things over first before building so the car can handle the hp and torque. My goal is to reach 1.3 torque to 1hp to 2.3 to a 2.6 weight ratio.
Old 09-25-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Here you go, you should just search first. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...elled-out.html
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

SDhondarider will become famous soon enoughSDhondarider will become famous soon enough

Gearbox,

I just removed and cleaned by throttle body according to your DIY you have floating around. Everything went great until the last moment. I reinstalled the TB and drove the car. There was no CEL. I parked the car and pulled the ecu fuse for 15 seconds. Replaced the fuse and turned the car on with no acc and let it idle for 10 minutes. I turned the car off, then back on. Idle was right on the 700+- line. I took the car for a drive, driving normally which is not hard or anything. I get down the street and the CEL comes on. I don't know what it is? I'm going to check for vacuum leaks right now but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
Old 09-30-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

weird, it might not be related. only thing i can think of is if you forgot to plug something back in when you put it back together. there are alot of plugs and connectors. its possible you need to use new gaskets for the IAC and TB, but i reused mine and it was fine. just cleaning it should not cause problems. but easy way to find out is have an auto store read the code so you know for sure.
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

SDhondarider will become famous soon enoughSDhondarider will become famous soon enough

Yeah I just rechecked everything and it seemed fine. But I noticed that when coming to a stop I put it in neutral and the idle jumps to 1500-1800. Then after 5 seconds it goes back to normal. I'm going to go to autozone to see if they can check the light though.

Edit: Dammit they don't check CELs anymore.

Double Edit: I unplugged all the sensors and did a few test drives and redid the idle learn process. CEL is gone, but idle issue is still there. Any ideas?

Last edited by SDhondarider; 10-01-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

greenbay0405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gearbox, I installed the type R grill yesterday, any idea where I can get a sedan radiator cover to fix the gap between the hood and the grill (besides a junkyard?)
Old 10-01-2008
Premium Member

either local dealer or www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

autozone pisses me off more and more every time i go there. so i only goto kragen or advance now. i know they still read codes. try to find any store except autozone lol. they hire douches that dont know anything. i bet the guy just didnt know where the code scanner was lol. if i were you, just buy one on ebay for $30 and then you can keep it in the glove box and read it yourself. mines paid for itself 10x already i dont know what id do without it. esp since 3 times the light turns on when driving and i was able to quickly pull over and scan it. or reset the code while driving hehe
Old 10-01-2008
Registered!!

Actually, my autozone is pretty cool. They hired some people who know their **** there, of course they have some regular folk. The eprosn who helped was a girl! And she knows cars, they actually aren't allowed to anymore supposedly. She tried to sell me their OBD2 scanners though. lol And Kragen didn't want to do it either. I was going to bring it to AAMCO cuz they do it for free, but if you check my previous post I fixed the CEL.

Last edited by SDhondarider; 10-01-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-01-2008
Premium Member

idk, i mean there might be a chance air is leaking through the TB/IM gasket. wouldve been nice to see what the code was. the whole reason for the idle learn after removing TB is that you will never get it put back in the exact same position. but it should adjust and be fine after that. idle surge is usually only caused by the TPS sensor, which unless you dropped it and somehow broke the alignment, it shouldnt just die.
Old 10-01-2008
Registered!!

greenbay0405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
either local dealer or www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

autozone pisses me off more and more every time i go there. so i only goto kragen or advance now. i know they still read codes. try to find any store except autozone lol. they hire douches that dont know anything. i bet the guy just didnt know where the code scanner was lol. if i were you, just buy one on ebay for $30 and then you can keep it in the glove box and read it yourself. mines paid for itself 10x already i dont know what id do without it. esp since 3 times the light turns on when driving and i was able to quickly pull over and scan it. or reset the code while driving hehe
Thanks! Just ordered the part off of Majestic Honda.
Old 10-16-2008

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

hey steve, is there a DIY clutch/fly wheel on this forum somewhere? what about any other forum? (for a d17)

if not, is there some kinda manual i can dl or somethign?

or mabee the haynes manual has the instructions to DIY?
Old 10-16-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

there was a clutch and flywheel one...lemme find it
Old 10-16-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

here ya go
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/120-transmission/190048-diy-clutch-install.html
Old 10-19-2008
Registered!!

Shroomy07cex is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!

hey if i have a 07 civic with cai and exhaust, its an R18

and im looking to put in weapon r's new intake manifold for it, what kinda of changes am i going to see? as far as low end, top end, and torque? The thing says it will add 10 hp and more if your running FI which im not and dont plan to untill my warrenties up.

I would just like your opinion on the end results.

thanks
Dustin
Old 10-19-2008
Premium Member

i replied to your post already. also check 8thcivic.com they would know more about that engine than we do here (mostly 7thgen 01-05 civic stuff on this site). if you dont go FI, keep the stock manifold.
Old 10-19-2008
Registered!!

Shroomy07cex is an unknown quantity at this point

haha yeah i just saw that and i asked another question there, which i guess i can just ask here. What are some mods that won't void the power train warrenty but still squeeze out some extra power?
Old 10-19-2008
Premium Member

well technically any mod might void warranty cause dealers are stupid. but basic bolton mods like intake/header/exhaust should be okay. now cold air intake might be iffy because if you suck in water from the filter being too low to the ground, they will deny you a new engine.
Old 10-19-2008

when installing a clutch/flywheel, how the heck do u use the aliment tool? just wondering? anyone know?
Old 10-19-2008
Premium Member

you know i worked at advance for 6 months and only sold one of those tools. i have no idea what you do with it. the boxes in the back we had looked like they were from 1950s.
Old 10-19-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

basically you put the tip of the tool through the clutch disc and then into the fly wheel so that you are holding the clutch disc in the middle of the pressure plate when you are bolting it on. Then once the pressure plate is torqued down you simply pull the tool out.

Old 10-19-2008
Registered!!

ekturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

I need to know how to rebuild a turbo. td04 15g. Instructions would be great and advice or input. Thanks
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice

Hey Gearbox::::

Would you still recommend an optima yellow top for our cars?

I was thinking the larger D34 for starting and its deep cycle abilities.

Any of your opinions would be great. Thanks
Old 10-21-2008
Premium Member

hellz no. do not use deep cycle as a car battery. mine did not even last 2 yrs. it almost never charges properly in a car environment. im a firm believer in regular lead acid batteries they work best. just try and get something better than the crappy 420 CCA stock battery. the one i have now is autocraft titanium which has 500 CCA. just check the fluid levels every few months by popping the caps off and filling distilled water if necessary.

sorry i dont know how to rebuild turbo.
Old 10-21-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice

Alright, well what about this scenario,

My sound system is draining 800watts from my little electrical system. Our cars have a 70amp(=840watts) alternator. So I am having my alternator rebuilt to 140amps(=1680watts). I was looking into the Optima yellowtop D34 which is 750CCA, with the alternator upgrade, wouldn't this sufficiently charge the deep cycle batt? Or should I just go with a larger and more powerful conventional battery?

Thanks
Old 10-21-2008
Premium Member

just go with a big lead acid battery. the alternator upgrade solves the real problem tho, which is the power drain by your stereo. with stock alternator, there isnt enough power to run the car AND the stereo, so it borrows power from battery and eventually kills it. optima is crap even the redtops. its just marketing gimmicks. ask anyone who owned one before. corvetteforums guys hate them with a passion.

Quick Reply: Ask Me About DIY Stuff V2!