7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS

Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of light
Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS

Alrighty, so I carry a gun [personal opinions not needed] in my car, as well as on my person. Carrying it on me isn't an issue as I use a shoulder holster. However, since it's now summer and I'm no longer driving the Navi but the Civic instead, I have no place to put it. Call me crazy but it seems as if the civic is just too small, in the sense that with smaller cars comes smaller/less compartments. I'm looking for some ideas on where I could put it that would be safe, easy to reach, and at least partially concealed. So here's what I've tried so far....[If you click...they get bigger]

In the glove box...

Its big enough, however, issues that have arisen are A)When I get pulled over, if I don't get my L and R in time, cop's often see it and then there’s 20 min's of questioning afterwards...even though its COMPLETLY LEGAL!, and B) Nosy passengers, it's my greatest fear that one will find it and start playing with it, this could obviously result in death as there’s no point in carrying an unloaded weapon, unless of course you specialize in pistol whipping, I however would like to keep myself at a distance from a potential threat, not at arms length.

In the center console...

This is pretty good, no questions from cops, unless they ask and you say "Yes" but most don't ask unless you're being arrested or they have a reason to search the car. Also, most of my passengers don't even know it opens. The problem is the angel at which I reach in, it's awkward, and while practicing I found myself either dropping it back in the compartment [not exactly what I'd call smooth], catching it on the side and dropping it that way in which it ends up either at the passengers feet, or my own, also I experienced a little finger slippage in which my finger ended up on the trigger, regardless of safety's, this can always have a bad ending.

In the door...

As you can see, it just doesn't fit. Not only that, but when I reach down for it, I can't get my hand in the door next to it, which means that when I take it out, I'm using my fingers to grip it, and seeing as I'm a righty, I defiantly don't have enough strength to sufficiently hold onto it.

Here's an idea that I had...
Somehow find a way to holster her up to this panel.

However, I have no idea how to even begin going about doing that. Any ideas on possible places to put her or even way's to do my idea would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-24-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS

You're a douchebag. That is all.
Old 05-24-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DeX
Go to hell, DeX.

One thing I've thought about, would be securing a Synthetic paddle-type holster to the left kick panel, so it's easy to access. Just brainstorming here, but I would think you might could fabricate a cover that looks enough like the original surface to prevent questions, and still have ready access.

What kind of gun, if you don't mind my asking? I'm a Glock man, myself.
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Could you figure out a spot under the dash between the steering column and center console. There is a panel that will pop right out and you could rig a holster in there possibly.
Old 05-24-2008

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, that was an idea I was toying with, also. But I don't think there's a way to get it all the way in there. It'd still have to be concealed in some fashion.

Oh yeah, it's a 1911. Forgot to actually look at the pictures. But here's something like what I'm talking about:

(Click the picture to see the page.)

Last edited by Unevolved; 05-24-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-24-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

Well fiberglass is always an availbable and practical option.
also: what if you were to cut a lil hole in the bottom or left half of the steering wheel, sand it down, and place a holster in there. that way you could just reach in and slip it out. understnad that?
Old 05-24-2008

Yeah, maybe if we were talking about a little Sub-compact Glock 9mm or something. From the looks of the pictures, he's trying to conceal a 1911 .45 ACP. That's not a small handgun.
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

lastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of light

Unevolved: It's a Colt Goverment Model 1911. With Carbon Fiber grips!

Anyway's, it was kind of my idea to get a holster like this...

And stick it [or screw it if I wanted to take the chance] to the panel in my first post. It cant be seen from the passanger side [I did a ductape trial run] and my legs pretty much cover it when looking from the outside. It's obviously not fully concealed but its better than leaving it on the seat. Also, I take it with me when I leave the car so seeing it when I'm not sitting there isn't really an issue. It's also easy access. It seems to be the best option as of right now.
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Unevolved
Yeah, maybe if we were talking about a little Sub-compact Glock 9mm or something. From the looks of the pictures, he's trying to conceal a 1911 .45 ACP. That's not a small handgun.
She actually.
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lastxUNxleft
She actually.
Really, are you implying you are a female or the gun is a she? Your profile says male.
Old 05-24-2008
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeX
That just wasn't necessary.

I'm voting for either under the dash, or modding the bin under the armrest. I'm not sure what's under it. Is it possible you could cut out the bottom, or would that interfere with the e-brake? Additionally, is a more concealable weapon to be kept in the car an option?? Or do you not want to leave it in the vehicle unattended??
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Really, are you implying you are a female or the gun is a she? Your profile says male.
Well, gun is a she, and she's my baby. However, so am I. Profile changed...don't know why it said male, but like alway's, it was probably my mistake.
Old 05-24-2008

I would mount it on the right kick panel, and possibly fiberglass over the holster for a little bit more concealment. But I wouldn't leave the gun in the car unattended.
Old 05-24-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AmbulanceMonkee
That just wasn't necessary.

I'm voting for either under the dash, or modding the bin under the armrest. I'm not sure what's under it. Is it possible you could cut out the bottom, or would that interfere with the e-brake? Additionally, is a more concealable weapon to be kept in the car an option?? Or do you not want to leave it in the vehicle unattended??
I'm sure that just about anything is possible with car's, however, I'd still have the angle/fumble problem with the center console.

I would never leave a gun unattended, that's just asking for trouble. Also, I don't own a smaller weapon, I have four of these [2 matching Set's], and gun's are rather expensive, I could find many more things to spend my money on...like my car.
Old 05-25-2008
Registered!!

thehinge is an unknown quantity at this point

I prefer to carry my semiauto in the glovebox, upside-down with the butt up & toward me. nowhere under the dash was practical for my purposes after some experimenting. It's easy to grab quickly and there enough room for an extra magazine as well. I've also found it fairly easy to transition from holster into glovebox & vice versa.

Usually carry CWP & driver's license in pocket, registration & POI in center console.

To any second amendment haters/anti-gun types: An armed society is a polite society. An armed citizen can be persuaded by reason but not by force. It's a personal choice and a big responsibility for law-abiding citizens that wish to exercise their second amendment rights as residents of the U.S.

That said, I would personally prefer not to carry a weapon in a perfect world unless I need to hunt for food.
Old 05-25-2008

I'm one of the strongest 2nd Amendment advocates you'll ever meet, but let's not turn this into a firearms discussion. It just doesn't work.
Old 05-25-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

I like the idea of having a paddle holster clip into a bracket on the center console by my legs. Im going to set one up soon. Your legs hide the pistol and you can unclip the holster. I hate keeping my guns in the glovebox, much rather have them in easy access while still keeping them from obvious view. My truck has a nice compartment that fits my "work gun" nicely. I bring a S&W sw9ve to work seeing as its cheap, light and if it gets messed up at the shop I wont be too upset. Too bad its DAO, the stiff trigger pull is the only thing I dont like.
Old 05-25-2008
Registered!!

thehinge is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS

Originally Posted by Unevolved
I'm one of the strongest 2nd Amendment advocates you'll ever meet, but let's not turn this into a firearms discussion. It just doesn't work.
Done.
Old 05-25-2008
Registered!!

If you cant find a place put it in the glove box and leave your registration and insurance card and what not somewhere else. But I would like to see what you do if you custom fabricate a panel. Its good to see a lady carry. My girl won't have anything to do with guns.
Old 05-25-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DeX
Surprisingly my Canadian anti-gun views are outnumbered, I forget sometimes. Carry on with your gun carrying discussion, you can delete that post if you like.
Old 05-25-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

that whole trim piece around the ebrake pulls up and there is quite alot of room down there. it takes maybe a second to pull it up and snap it back down. you can open the door pocket and grab the piece that way. then it slides over the ebrake. completely hidden and nobody will know.
Old 05-25-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i'm a little late to the convo, but i like the idea of a clip-attachment of a holster to the console next to the driver's legs. out of the way and easily accessible. if a more permanent mount is desired, a drop-in type holster would work and it could be glassed in to make it a little more presentable....

in for pics
Old 05-25-2008
Registered!!

Thank's for all the great ideas guy's. I've been racking my brain all day and I just seem to be getting more and more frusturated by the second! The kickpanel seems to be one of the best ideas, the only problem I'm having is weather or not I can find a decent way to do it. Just sticking it on there is the easy way out, and I personally HATE taking the easy way out. Not to mention it would be tacky as hell.

The idea of using fiberglass made me think a lot about what I could do, and then it made me think of what I've done, and well, lets just say I've never had a good experiance with it! Although, when I was using it, it had nothing to do with cars.

I do know that whatever I choose to do, I would like it to seem as if it actually belongs there. Oh how I wish there was no stupid armrest thingy! Cant I just like...cut the whole damn thing off? Then it would be perfect! lol j/k.
Old 05-26-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lastxUNxleft
Thank's for all the great ideas guy's. I've been racking my brain all day and I just seem to be getting more and more frusturated by the second! The kickpanel seems to be one of the best ideas, the only problem I'm having is weather or not I can find a decent way to do it. Just sticking it on there is the easy way out, and I personally HATE taking the easy way out. Not to mention it would be tacky as hell.

The idea of using fiberglass made me think a lot about what I could do, and then it made me think of what I've done, and well, lets just say I've never had a good experiance with it! Although, when I was using it, it had nothing to do with cars.

I do know that whatever I choose to do, I would like it to seem as if it actually belongs there. Oh how I wish there was no stupid armrest thingy! Cant I just like...cut the whole damn thing off? Then it would be perfect! lol j/k.

If I were you, I wold take the carbonfiber holster (one where the handle faces you and not the engine), take it to a body shop, and let them do all the work. You have no bragging rights on completing the project yourself, but it is not really a "mod". The body shop can mold the holster onto your center console on the left side of the cup holders where there is a lot of space. In the end it will look like the holster is attached to the console.
Old 05-29-2008
M4H
Registered!!

M4H is a jewel in the roughM4H is a jewel in the roughM4H is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DeX
Surprisingly my Canadian anti-gun views are outnumbered, I forget sometimes. Carry on with your gun carrying discussion, you can delete that post if you like.
Remember folks, not every Canadian is a waste of oxygen like this "gentleman" - so don't lump us all in with him. Thanks.

I'd go with the idea of having a body shop fibreglass you an integrated holster in the drivers-side of your center console; that's assuming it won't hit your right leg, and you're comfortable with a draw from there. Attach it temporarily and do some practice drills to make sure it will work.
Old 05-29-2008
Registered!!

I kind of don't like the permanent center console holster. It would be visible if you weren't sitting in the seat. Also, the holster would stick out quite a bit because you have to be able to get your hand in between the console and the grip. Seems like a bit much for me (im six feet tall and need all the knee room i can have in there but if your shorter you could be okay).

Last edited by lordhelmet; 05-29-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-29-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

I kind of don't like the permanent center console holster. It would be visible if you weren't sitting in the seat. Also, the holster would stick out quite a bit because you have to be able to get your hand in between the console and the grip. Seems like a bit much for me (im six feet tall and need all the knee room i can have in there but if your shorter you could be okay).
You're correct. I was going to point that out, but that is one spot he wants it. Another idea would be to make a consealed storage space by taking apart the center console (the shifter console) and draw plans for a compartment or one with a door that closes. Custom job yes, but it would look nice if it works. It kinda makes me consider it.
Old 05-29-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

I need to ask a question with no intent of arguing with you. Why do you need a handgun in your car?
Old 05-29-2008
Registered!!

Tragedy, the OP is a woman. To Dex, having a .45 would sure deter anyone from carjacking, sexual assault, ect. Also, if everybody had the mindset that if I try and carjack that person I will get shot then people would be less likely to do that kind of ****.

What about putting the gun where the cig lighter is in the 01 civics. People mount stereos theres and i believe there is quite a bit of room behind the panel. If the slide is positioned towards the drivers side you could easily grab it. All that would be required would be to make a door to cover it up.
Old 05-29-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Tragedy, the OP is a woman. To Dex, having a .45 would sure deter anyone from carjacking, sexual assault, ect. Also, if everybody had the mindset that if I try and carjack that person I will get shot then people would be less likely to do that kind of ****.
Speaking of all that, did you all ever here that audio a while back of a guy blasting two guys that were burgling his neighbors house? It was awesome. I never heard of what became of that case either. I believe it happened in Texas you can prob. still find the audio somewhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS