7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS

Old 02-05-2009
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS

Originally Posted by civ_nate
I will start by saying I am Canadian and I also work for a law enforcement agency.

The quote above is the reason for which US and CANDIANS are able to bare non-lethal arms. Sexual assaults and crimes against any persona are easily avoided with non-lethal arms [i.e. oc spray (mace), personal tasers....] and a bit of training (likely less $$$ then it would even cost to buy a hand gun), aswell, as far as I am aware, the second ammendment gives right to bare arms..... but not the right to conceil them. a concieled weapon [registered or not] is still not legal to have unless your an officer of the peace. Therefor, if the reason for which you are doing this is to have a legal weapon close by, maybe you should consider having mace spray in your cup holder... visable and accessable.

The other arguement i have with this, is that carring a concieled weapon may be quite effective to quickly end a assault or other crime, but is a known tyical escalator.... meaning that, the guy who was gonna jack your car stereo, now held at gun point is desperate and is much more likely to pull a gun on you back or hit your veh again out of rage and/or as a re-procussion. This is another reason why non-lethal arms were created and distrubuted.... Im sure the majority of you have not been hit with oc spray but I know personally i would rather be shot anyday LOL, and its a subduent, maining when he/she is hit with such product, they are incapacitated long enough to escape the situation and usually have law enforcement on scene in time.

Anyways, I personally believe the second ammendment is a large contributer to crime in the US and the majority of the reason canada's crime rate is much lower overall then the states. In closing, rollin in ur dumped civic makes you a target to crime, having a gun is simply making matters worse.... If people thought more intelligently, the world could be a better place. Concieled weapon FTL
http://www.californiaconcealedcarry....ties/kern.html
Old 02-05-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by civ_nate
I will start by saying I am Canadian and I also work for a law enforcement agency.

The quote above is the reason for which US and CANDIANS are able to bare non-lethal arms. Sexual assaults and crimes against any persona are easily avoided with non-lethal arms [i.e. oc spray (mace), personal tasers....] and a bit of training (likely less $$$ then it would even cost to buy a hand gun), aswell, as far as I am aware, the second ammendment gives right to bare arms..... but not the right to conceil them. a concieled weapon [registered or not] is still not legal to have unless your an officer of the peace. Therefor, if the reason for which you are doing this is to have a legal weapon close by, maybe you should consider having mace spray in your cup holder... visable and accessable.

The other arguement i have with this, is that carring a concieled weapon may be quite effective to quickly end a assault or other crime, but is a known tyical escalator.... meaning that, the guy who was gonna jack your car stereo, now held at gun point is desperate and is much more likely to pull a gun on you back or hit your veh again out of rage and/or as a re-procussion. This is another reason why non-lethal arms were created and distrubuted.... Im sure the majority of you have not been hit with oc spray but I know personally i would rather be shot anyday LOL, and its a subduent, maining when he/she is hit with such product, they are incapacitated long enough to escape the situation and usually have law enforcement on scene in time.

Anyways, I personally believe the second ammendment is a large contributer to crime in the US and the majority of the reason canada's crime rate is much lower overall then the states. In closing, rollin in ur dumped civic makes you a target to crime, having a gun is simply making matters worse.... If people thought more intelligently, the world could be a better place. Concieled weapon FTL
95% agree, good post.
5% disagree, another 2 reasons their crime is higher is because they have 10 times the amount of people in a (much) smaller land mass and also a much higher concentration of immigration, especially from Mexico. I think if the situation were reversed and Canada bordered Mexico then we would have much higher crime, we're fortunate that the only border we share is with a country that has a (somewhat) good stable government and criminal system.
Old 02-05-2009
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

LOL
Old 02-19-2009
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

nice piece i have a glock 22 .40 cal and just bought a beretta tomcat .32 auto. i keep the glock between the driver's seat and center console. nobody has noticed it yet. the other is ankle holstered. so use your right to bear arms and protect you and urs. god bless america.....all the haters can leave if you don't like our rights.
Old 02-20-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by army12bc
nice piece i have a glock 22 .40 cal and just bought a beretta tomcat .32 auto. i keep the glock between the driver's seat and center console. nobody has noticed it yet. the other is ankle holstered. so use your right to bear arms and protect you and urs. god bless america.....all the haters can leave if you don't like our rights.
Your right to have a gun =
Your attitude =
You're removing their right to freedom of speech while trying to exercise your rights. You can't choose which laws you like and which you don't. If you don't like the rights you can leave.
Old 02-20-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by army12bc
So you keep it wedged between the seat? Doesn't seem very user friendly if you have to get it out in a hurry. Have you thought about/tried putting it in different spots?

Originally Posted by DeX
Your right to have a gun =
Your attitude =
You're removing their right to freedom of speech while trying to exercise your rights. You can't choose which laws you like and which you don't. If you don't like the rights you can leave.
Your canukness =
His removal of people's right to speech = non-existent.

He's telling people like you to get out of this thread. He didn't say you shouldn't talk although I say you shouldn't.

On a side note: We need to start a 7thgen gun thread.
Old 02-20-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Your canukness =
His removal of people's right to speech = non-existent.

He's telling people like you to get out of this thread. He didn't say you shouldn't talk although I say you shouldn't.
Wow, I really liked you and your posts before.
He's telling people they have no right to say things to him about his gun which they do. They can say whatever they want, he just doesn't have to listen to it. And how is he referring to me? I have nothing negative to say about him carrying a gun......far, far, far away from me.

I wasn't beating down his rights/ideas/post at all, got nothing against him except his closed mind.
Old 02-20-2009
Registered!!

I didn't get that from his post. He showed people the door if they were going to hate. Meh. Not something to get into.
Old 02-20-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Old 02-21-2009
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

apologies was having a bad day, i just don't like when ppl rag on gun owners. like in the first couple posts. as for different spots. i can pull fast keeping it wedged between seat and console its like right on my hip like a holster. as for getting out lol i meant country. like that girl that said "thank god for dead soldiers" needs to.
Old 03-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

im not really sure if the world would be safer without guns but it definitely would be without idiots
Old 03-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

im not really sure if the world would be safer without guns but it definitely would be without idiots
Old 06-15-2009
Registered!!

lastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of light

Holy WOW, haven't been here since sometime in 08', but I do know that the last time I was here, this page was like...3 pages long lol.

What did I end up doing to conceal?

I did many mock ups to find the quickest draw angle...took a silicone mold of my gun, had a friend [who knew much more about fiberglass than I] make me what was basically a seamless permanent holster on the right kick panel.

It was form fitting around the barrel so it didn't jitter and shake, and had enough room around the grip/trigger area for me to comfortably fit my hand on either side for a smooth [less that 1 sec ] draw. It is tight enough for it not to move about [even when driving on a dirt rd] and yet loose enough to feel like a regular shoulder or hip holster. If I had a pic I would post it, but after many coats of paint, and sanding/failed attempts off [especially trying to match the texture], it looked pretty much seamless. However, it made for a virtually unsellable car as no one knew what it was for, and if they found out,...they ran for the hills ha ha, so sadly it was removed by the same person who made it, I think that was a sad day for him. And in spite of all that, I GAVE my car to a fellow 1911 enthusiast...I could of kept it all along and not broken the heart of my beloved master fiberglass in car gun holster artist.

But, I'm buying a new/old car this week [that's why I came back] and I fully plan on doing the exact same thing to this one, and using him again....hopefully he'll be happy! Will provide pics when its done.

To those who question gun laws and say its not needed or whatever. I live in Vermont, we have basically NO laws regarding guns [unless you buy more than one semi auto handgun at a time, then you have to register] and yet were in the 48th% of gun related crimes, clearly were doing something right. I personally carry a gun because once there was a time in which it could have come in handy, and then there was a time when dude had a gun, so did I, I had better aim, to this day I'll never be without one, although now I have smaller ones, so I don't have to wear bags in order to conceal. Its a comfort thing, although I seriously don't predict I'll ever actually need it again, always good to be safe right? No? OK that's your opinion, and IDC.

Oh ya, and I defiantly don't see the need for assault rifles, like really? Also, if the only reason you have a gun is because its your "right" that's a little well...the word starts with a P and ends with a capitol TIC! I carry a gun because of a threat that once was, not to be cool, or threatening, you all may know I carry one, but most people in real life never know, only if they're told, and when people brag about something i have...I get pissed and bail! Guns aren't cool, they may be a "right" but if you've never needed one, and you most likely never will, you shouldn't have one. This of course excludes hunters [but i hate ya'll anyway's] you savages!

BLAHHH, its 5 am...why am I even online? WOW, this even even more pathetic than asking for advice on concealing a weapon in a civic, if I were asking for advice on a navi...now that would be different, but whatever. Also, since I'm here, I promise I'll never mention Guantanamo again, after this of course...promise starts NOW.

PS- Cant wait to get my new completely used car home, wish they sold 7th gens with 0-10k around here, and to anyone who has one.... I cant stand the newer models, they look like a sad attempt at a Prius to me, which was sad enough already. But mileage and eco stuff is AMAZING.

PPS- The fact that Mozilla kept wanting you change "ya'll" to "you all" really burns my toast.

Last edited by lastxUNxleft; 06-15-2009 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-15-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

what car did you end up with?
Old 06-16-2009
Registered!!

conarl is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been thinking of ccw but then the only time I would have needed or use a gun on some one was in 1993 and I was in another city then. So just like a helmet does'nt guarantee to save your life neither does a gun. But they might... Not against the use of either but the argument goes on. Decide for your self....
Old 06-19-2009
Registered!!

ktrenta is an unknown quantity at this point

so... you never took a picture?
Old 06-20-2009
Registered!!

As before, I'm still in for pictures.
Old 07-06-2009
Registered!!

lastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of lightlastxUNxleft is a glorious beacon of light

Ha ha...WOW!

I decided what car I wanted, like literally LAST NIGHT! I've been through many "almost purchases" but concidering my financial situation buying new seemed best. If I can get a 2010 and only pay for a year? The choice was obvious, BUY NEW, PAY FOR A YEAR. Honestly I narrowed it down to a 2010 Camaro 2ss RS, or a 2010 Genesis [coupe]. One was girly, one was angry, if you know about either model it wont come as a surprise that I chose the Camaro.

Call me a traitor, I dont care. I nwill be going tomorrow to order my baby in a fabulous "Cyber Gray" type color. Yay...cant wait. V8...stock 426hp, and stock 20 rims? Like really?...I'll take any insulkt right now lolz!
?

No i never took a pic cuz when all was said and done...i wasnt really part of this board anymore and quite honestly didnt feel like I needed to be cool w/ anyone but myself. he he he...ummm ya like reallly?

To everyone else. I do plan on having the same thing done to this car. According to my observations , theres enough room. but tell me this...do you want someone other than a civic owner to post pics or DIY's in here? History of the site proves...NO!
Old 07-06-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

we dont care lol. plenty of people post their new cars after selling the civic. so post away. i love the new camaro.
Old 07-07-2009
Registered!!

Traitor! Just kidding. Building a holster into the dash would be a pretty universal job that could be applied to any car, Camaro or civic alike. If you don't want to do a diy then could you post a few pictures? I'd be interested in seeing them.