7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS

This doesn't help my point but it's still funny.
Old 05-29-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

sadly, thats texas for you. I see this all the time. People get violent real fast on austin roads, especially on the outskirts of the city. my step brother almost died due to some idiots like this. Dex - I cary guns in my car, but i dont have a custom holder for them. It would be cool though.
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

7th_gear will become famous soon enough7th_gear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DeX
I need to ask a question with no intent of arguing with you. Why do you need a handgun in your car?

crack dealers need at least 2. To be fair, why do you want to mount a holster when you could mount rocket launchers and flame throwers? maybe some oil slick coming out of a hidden valve?

and yes I'm Canadian. Say what you will but I sleep sounder knowing that my neighbors and all of HIS cousins AREN'T carrying guns, and have guns in their cars, and at easy reach while making toast.

Last edited by 7th_gear; 12-16-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Dex is canadian too.
Old 12-17-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Ya, I figured this guy would get flamed through to next week but apparently it's common in the USA, joke's on me. That would never be socially accepted in Canada, you'd be shunned from society if people knew you carried a gun around.

Places are different though I guess. Do what you got to do, I'm just glad people here don't feel the need to.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

yeah really, How crazy would it be if half the people at timmies or dundas square were "strapped" let alone with two guns, and possibly hidden guns in their cars. I dunno about you, but personally I think the only people that should be carrying guns are soldiers and coppers.

although everyone knows what happens to someone that shows up to a fight with a knife....they get shot!
Old 12-17-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7th_gear
crack dealers need at least 2. To be fair, why do you want to mount a holster when you could mount rocket launchers and flame throwers? maybe some oil slick coming out of a hidden valve?

and yes I'm Canadian. Say what you will but I sleep sounder knowing that my neighbors and all of HIS cousins AREN'T carrying guns, and have guns in their cars, and at easy reach while making toast.
Well, if you feel safe at night, I'm sure you know that there are Black Markets everywhere you go. "They" might have guns whether you think they do or don't, so why not "strap" (no pun intended) yourself with one? I do believe that some people go ballistic when having a gun, but those who are responsible should carry one at all times. That's just my 2 cents.

I'm a strong advocate on guns and I do not own one YET, but I will soon.

Last edited by 2005EM2; 12-17-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2005EM2
Well, if you feel safe at night, I'm sure you know that there are Black Markets everywhere you go. "They" might have guns whether you think they do or don't, so why not "strap" (no pun intended) yourself with one? I do believe that some people go ballistic when having a gun, but those who are responsible should carry one at all times. That's just my 2 cents.

I'm a strong advocate on guns and I do not own one YET, but I will soon.
I don't know about you but I don't live in mexico, the black market isnt listed in the yellow pages, and I feel pretty confident riding the subway without a gun. Having said that lots of people carry guns, sure. To be fair the people that are carrying guns are the problem, whether you have a permit or not. ideally the world would be a better place if there were no guns and people just stabbed each other like the good old days. Having said that I have no intention on being stabbed, stabbing or shanking anyone. having said THAT I am leaving for training in a profession of arms, so sure that might make me a hypocrite, or maybe that makes me part of the solution. Take your pick, either way having a gun on your person AND in your car is reserved for the mightiest of the mighty IE Rambo/john McLean. And your friendly neighborhood crack slangers.

That is all.
Old 12-17-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about you but I don't live in mexico, the black market isnt listed in the yellow pages, and I feel pretty confident riding the subway without a gun. Having said that lots of people carry guns, sure. To be fair the people that are carrying guns are the problem, whether you have a permit or not. ideally the world would be a better place if there were no guns and people just stabbed each other like the good old days. Having said that I have no intention on being stabbed, stabbing or shanking anyone. having said THAT I am leaving for training in a profession of arms, so sure that might make me a hypocrite, or maybe that makes me part of the solution. Take your pick, either way having a gun on your person AND in your car is reserved for the mightiest of the mighty IE Rambo/john McLean. And your friendly neighborhood crack slangers.

That is all.
Yes, although this world can be a better place without guns, let's be realistic. lol You're funny, man.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

99WhiteJDM will become famous soon enough99WhiteJDM will become famous soon enough

The reason I carry a gun is because most the people in Texas do. It is a shame but, too much shet happens here. In my neigborhood alone there has been a hand full of forcefull entries, rapes, robberies, shootings, etc. Shet, the other month some dudes were spray painting some other guy's car and the guy came out with an AK and mowed them down in their car. Three were killed and driver was critically injured. The guy was a local gangbanger and killed these dudes for stupid shet. All this stuff happened down the street from my house. I keep a loaded semi auto 12 gauge in my house (which in my opinion is the best home defense) and one of many loaded semi auto handguns I have with me most the places I go because there's to many wackos with guns in this state so, that forces good people to arm and defend themselves. I told my wife when we retire we will be moving to Canada.

Last edited by 99WhiteJDM; 12-17-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Originally Posted by 99WhiteJDM
The reason I carry a gun is because most the people in Texas do. It is a shame but, too much shet happens here. In my neigborhood alone there has been a hand full of forcefull entries, rapes, robberies, shootings, etc. Shet, the other month some dudes were spray painting some other guy's car and the guy came out with an AK and mowed them down in their car. Three were killed and driver was critically injured. The guy was the local gangbanger and killed these dudes for stupid shet. All this stuff happened down the street from my house. I keep a loaded semi auto 12 gauge in my house (which in my opinion is the best home defense) and one of many loaded semi auto handguns I have with me most the places I go because there's to many wackos with guns in this state so, that forces good people to arm and defend themselves. I told my wife when we retire we will be moving to Canada.
I must agree with you to the fullest. The 12 gauge is something I'm considering before a handgun. It's good to keep ourselves protected.

I want a gun/shotgun/rifle or whatever all in the name of defense, not to blast someone. There's a reason why our great Founding Fathers gave us the right to bear arms.

Last edited by 2005EM2; 12-17-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

99WhiteJDM will become famous soon enough99WhiteJDM will become famous soon enough

I think that bolting one under the dash/steering assembly is a good idea and the center console idea was good also.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

I must agree with you to the fullest. The 12 gauge is something I'm considering before a handgun. It's good to keep ourselves protected.

I want a gun/shotgun/rifle or whatever all in the name of defense, not to blast someone. There's a reason why our great Founding Fathers gave us the right to bear arms.

Yeah, although I've been thinking about a flashlight/infrared combo. My local gun shop owner was telling me that it's more effective because it's more of a scare tactic and will stop a person effectively without having to shoot them. I know there's been a lot of home invasions and robberies because of the recession here and would hate to shoot a man for resorting to stealing to support his family but, IDK. Plus if you think about it, the one pro of a shotgun is that you have a wider shot but, the con is if you miss, you might hit your flat screen TV you payed so much for.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

.........god bless your constitution. Giving you the right to bear arms, and go deerhunting with an uzi.

you want a scare tactic? mount a pistol on the pump of your 12 gauge, then when your done blasting your would be assailants, you can mash your property up and collect top dollar from insurance. Have you guys considered moving OUT of texas? I mean when I used to get hit playing dodge ball, I'd dummy up and stop standing in the same spot. I'm sure there states out there that don't fully endorse having guns within arms reach. I hear nothing about Nebraska
Old 12-17-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

.........god bless your constitution. Giving you the right to bear arms, and go deerhunting with an uzi.

you want a scare tactic? mount a pistol on the pump of your 12 gauge, then when your done blasting your would be assailants, you can mash your property up and collect top dollar from insurance. Have you guys considered moving OUT of texas? I mean when I used to get hit playing dodge ball, I'd dummy up and stop standing in the same spot. I'm sure there states out there that don't fully endorse having guns within arms reach. I hear nothing about Nebraska
Thanks?

Well, you'll be happy to hear that NObama will be working with the government to implement gun control laws in Illinois, so if you ever want to visit one of the possible-future-safe-state because guns may be outlawed pretty soon, then, Illinois may be the right place for ya.

Oh, and if you meant "you guys" and included me in it, I'm not from Texas nor am I residing there.

Last edited by 2005EM2; 12-17-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

Makes sense but, we can't just pick up and leave. If we could, we would. For now we cope with it until we retire or get the chance to move.

Oh and my semi auto 12 doesn't have a pump. As a matter of fact, I don't think you could hold onto a semi auto anything if it had a pump.
Old 12-17-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Originally Posted by 99WhiteJDM
Yeah, although I've been thinking about a flashlight/infrared combo. My local gun shop owner was telling me that it's more effective because it's more of a scare tactic and will stop a person effectively without having to shoot them. I know there's been a lot of home invasions and robberies because of the recession here and would hate to shoot a man for resorting to stealing to support his family but, IDK. Plus if you think about it, the one pro of a shotgun is that you have a wider shot but, the con is if you miss, you might hit your flat screen TV you payed so much for.
Ohh wow. I do agree, yet again, that guns will be used as a scare tactic, especially, the sound of a shotgun being cocked.

HAHA. I would hate myself if I blew my new TV into pieces lol.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

yeah well you cant fit a 680i lt into a thermaltrake tsunami case, but I ripped out some rails, and thats where she sits now maybe you should mount some kind of boombox onto it, have it playing hells bells when you shoot, the sound of ACDC is enough to scare anyone dumb enough to rob houses and such.
Old 12-17-2008
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

guns don't kill people, ******* do.
Old 12-17-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
guns don't kill people, ******* do.
I couldn't agree more. APPROVED!
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

question is, are you a tough guy or a ***** with a gun? (cant remember where heard that, probably a movie.) I don't think keeping guns in cars is just a good idea, In your house? maybe, in your car? mmmmmmmm.... Beretta m9 under your pillow with a full clip one in the chamber and mags in your bathrobe? probably not.

Just stab people, or if your already a felon and not wanting to get locked up, hit them with a rock, dosent count as a deadly weapon
Old 12-17-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

question is, are you a tough guy or a ***** with a gun? (cant remember where heard that, probably a movie.) I don't think keeping guns in cars is just a good idea, In your house? maybe, in your car? mmmmmmmm.... Beretta m9 under your pillow with a full clip one in the chamber and mags in your bathrobe? probably not.

Just stab people, or if your already a felon and not wanting to get locked up, hit them with a rock, dosent count as a deadly weapon
No. I'm not a ***** with a gun. My dad has a 9mm and a .22 and I held the 9mm and I was fine with it. Because of him owning stores in the past in dangerous areas, I've grown up to be just like the damned customers who used to rob us at gunpoint (possibly less fear than if I had not grown up with guns near me). Throughout my life, I have seen ONE drive by shooting in action and it scared me, but not as hard as the other kids took it next door, where there was a laundromat.

I don't know about the car either, but I simply cannot trust other drivers or pedestrians that are strapped with one of those. As for your home, oh yes! I do think it is very important to have guns, shotguns, knives, hell, a kitchen knife will do.

haha.. throwing rocks FTW! Wouldn't it be great if it had the stopping power or the scare tactic as a shotgun? lol

Last edited by 2005EM2; 12-17-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-17-2008
Registered!!

Well in the CHL class they do teach you to use your surroundings. Like I said, I don't want to shoot someone because they broke into my house but, at the same time I want to protect my wife and kids and it most likely will end up with someone hurt (most likely not me). It's a tough world over here. Remember you live in Canada and I'm pretty sure you've either never experienced a violent act first hand or it hit too close to home so you don't respect people carrying guns with them even if it's only to defend themselves.
Old 12-18-2008
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't agree more. APPROVED!
u BETTER APPROVE, u ****** lolz
Old 12-18-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
u BETTER APPROVE, u ****** lolz
haha of course RJ the ******.
Old 12-18-2008
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

That line is from Shoot 'em Up, ****ing awesome movie.

And you guys need to stop giving the guys who own guns ****. It's a constitutional right, not like they're breaking the law. Besides, if they want to stay strapped and take each other out, more power to them
Old 12-18-2008
Registered!!

sp4rt4n is an unknown quantity at this point

what a d-bag.. you are the kid of person that get the rest of us in trouble and profiled... i have no problem with you carrying the weapon but dont post this stupid crap on this forum.. go away.. ***..
Old 12-18-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
That line is from Shoot 'em Up, ****ing awesome movie.

And you guys need to stop giving the guys who own guns ****. It's a constitutional right, not like they're breaking the law. Besides, if they want to stay strapped and take each other out, more power to them
I agree with most of your posts but not this one. A lot of the problems I see with the USA as a country is people doing something because it's their right and not against the law. That should never ever ever be the reason to do something, you should do it because it makes sense and is the best solution for the given circumstance. Way too often the constitution comes up as a reason to own a gun.

It's funny how our views are so drastically different mainly because of our countries' histories. I haven't grown up around guns, hell I've never even seen a physical gun in my life....ever. So that makes it real easy for me to make the decision of, "If I have to choose between buying a gun to protect myself from my environment or move, I choose to move." I would be fine living where there's some gun crime but once I make the decision to buy a gun for protection, I would simply move instead, it's not worth it. However for you you grew up around it, it's accepted, you see no problem in just picking up a gun and carrying on with your day. Nothing wrong with it, I just find it intriguing.

But I have to say we must agree on one thing. And that's the fact that it is better to live in a society where people don't carry guns. Sure, get one if you need it, but it's way better when you don't.
Old 12-18-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DeX
I agree with most of your posts but not this one. A lot of the problems I see with the USA as a country is people doing something because it's their right and not against the law. That should never ever ever be the reason to do something, you should do it because it makes sense and is the best solution for the given circumstance. Way too often the constitution comes up as a reason to own a gun.

It's funny how our views are so drastically different mainly because of our countries' histories. I haven't grown up around guns, hell I've never even seen a physical gun in my life....ever. So that makes it real easy for me to make the decision of, "If I have to choose between buying a gun to protect myself from my environment or move, I choose to move." I would be fine living where there's some gun crime but once I make the decision to buy a gun for protection, I would simply move instead, it's not worth it. However for you you grew up around it, it's accepted, you see no problem in just picking up a gun and carrying on with your day. Nothing wrong with it, I just find it intriguing.

But I have to say we must agree on one thing. And that's the fact that it is better to live in a society where people don't carry guns. Sure, get one if you need it, but it's way better when you don't.

This is true and that's why I stated that if we could just pick up and move, we would but, for now all I want to do is protect my family because right now it's not an option. I'm more of a "rather have a gun and not need it then need one and not have it" type person. Your are also right about the way your counrty acts in this matter and I would love to live somewhere thats nearly crime free, It would be great to relocate or retire in Canada because of the benefits of living there. Just remember that the people that protect our countries use guns/weapons to protect you. Do I agree with this? No but, this is the route other countries take so I'm glad we are ahead of the game.
Old 12-18-2008
Registered!!

I hope you guys don't think that Canada is a happy and go-lucky spot to just chill. We have shootings stabbing, ipod headphones stranglings just like you do. The difference is that not everyone is so scared about it that they all decide to carry guns and stuff. Take my home for example (Toronto) we have something called the "summer of the gun" in which our city had the most shooting related deaths across the globe. We have columbine threats every week, bomb threats daily, and armed cops in highschools now. Don't patronize Canadians by saying that were not exposed to such a high level of violent crimes. You've seen one drive by? come to Jane and finch and grab a folding chair, because you'll want to pick it up and run when the sun goes down.

FYI this is no longer a thread about storing guns in cars, kinda off topic now.

Quick Reply: Storing/Concealing a gun...in a Civic? w/PICS