7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

megasquirt

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allyoucaneat is an unknown quantity at this point
megasquirt

will a megasquirt standalone work with our cars? i cant find any 7th gens that use it.
Old 11-06-2007
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: megasquirt

ummmm....feel free to explain more...

...like...what the heck is a megasquirt?
Old 11-06-2007
Registered!!

allyoucaneat is an unknown quantity at this point

its a standalone engine management system
Old 11-06-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

link...? never heard of it before.. most likley meaning it wont work with our car.. why are u getting it? u have to elaborate..
Old 11-06-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manahoonie
ummmm....feel free to explain more...

...like...what the heck is a megasquirt?
It's when a girl has a really big orgasm.
Old 11-06-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Its of use if there's an available calibration for the car (like Miatas) or if you've got some crazy project for which nothing exists. Given that there are car specific options avaliable, such as Kpro or the EMS 1030 box, you'd be better off going with that rather than trying to get the very generic MS to work with the car. You will literally have to program in EVERYTHING. Whereas setting up an AEM or Hondata box is mostly clicking boxes and tuning the map.
Old 11-07-2007
Registered!!

overrev_it is an unknown quantity at this point

Megasquirt isn't really a known standalone around here or let's say the Honda cumminity, entustiast most familier with the system are for FC RX7's(they have whole sections for it in thier forums), Datsun's with RB's, Volvo's, DSM's, Toyota's... you get the idea.

I builded my own un-assembled kit, It's really easy if have soldering skills or a friend who can solder for you(it worked for me), if you want Megasquirt for your 7th gen civic, your better off with MS2 it's code are capable of controling the D17's coil-on-plug system by reciving both a crank + cam signal, and you have to buy the harness plus a relay box, and an LM1 innovate wideband sensor...

you'd have to be very DIY'ed minded to pull this off
Old 01-02-2008
Registered!!

jlk16188 will become famous soon enoughjlk16188 will become famous soon enough

hey guys, I have built many megasquirts for people before and let me start by saying, it is very difficult to tune it and you definitely need to have a laptop in the passenger seat and drive around ALL day. It works really, i mean really well with boosted applications but the standard kit will not work with vtec unless you buy a separate vtec controller, good luck with that b/c most dont work with our ivtec so you will need to buy one like Apexi afac2.

If you really need any more help or even tuning questions talk to some one on http://www.protocar.net
Old 01-03-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

kpro or aem, that or nothing. this megasquirt doesnt sound worth it, and would probably end up more expensive..
Old 10-24-2008
Registered!!

gmcuajo can only hope to improve

Back on an old thread. A friend have a 4G63 Talon with the megasquirt 1. It works great and I realize that it is easy to tune. Just like any other programmable ECU. Its a standalone not a piggy back.

I have a Greddy Emanage, but I am considering to upgrade to a Megasquirt 2. My only concern is about the coil-on-plug DIS ignition.

Comparing it with the cost of an AEM or a K-Pro is a lot less. And about the Emanage Ultimate, the Megasquirt is a standalone.

Also it has a lot of features: O2 (wide or norrow band, all the basic sensors, Rev limitter (fuel cut or time retard), lambda AFR, launch control, NOS control, water injection, traction control, etc.
Old 10-24-2008
Registered!!

jlk16188 will become famous soon enoughjlk16188 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gmcuajo
Back on an old thread. A friend have a 4G63 Talon with the megasquirt 1. It works great and I realize that it is easy to tune. Just like any other programmable ECU. Its a standalone not a piggy back.

I have a Greddy Emanage, but I am considering to upgrade to a Megasquirt 2. My only concern is about the coil-on-plug DIS ignition.

Comparing it with the cost of an AEM or a K-Pro is a lot less. And about the Emanage Ultimate, the Megasquirt is a standalone.

Also it has a lot of features: O2 (wide or norrow band, all the basic sensors, Rev limitter (fuel cut or time retard), lambda AFR, launch control, NOS control, water injection, traction control, etc.
I personally have built and installed multiple megasquirt 2's for stand alone coil on plug applications. Havent put one on e 7th gen though but it is simple. The best thing you could do is contact www.protocar.net and talk to the tech about the coil on plug arrangement. (megasquirt board has to be manufactured slighly differently) but he is the expert with it and can fix you up with wide or narrow band for your O2.
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

x777 is an unknown quantity at this point

The beauty of megasquirt is that it is an extremely versatile standalone. You can setup fuel and/or spark limits, two step, water/meth injection on a variety of parameters. MS WILL control v-tech I had my ms controlling vris on a klze (which is basically the same principle). You don't get to "check boxes", but all you have to do is set up a base map, which only requires a little reading and a couple brain cells. MS and autotune FTW
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

gmcuajo can only hope to improve

I am back with it again. Now I have the AEM UEGO and realize that the emanage really doesn't work. Everytime I change any parameter (fuel addition) the stock ECU corrects it in just 30 seconds.

I contact DIYAutotune asking for the MS2 for the 7thgen coil on plug. They reply saying that the MS need to constructed something different, you have to add a MS2 daughter board in order to have the 4 signals for the plugs.

He also gave me this site http://www.msextra.com/ms2extra/MS2-Extra_Ignition.htm

Anybody knows more about this?
Old 12-16-2008
Registered!!

iwillbetrue will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MURDOCK
It's when a girl has a really big orgasm.
Oh my... lol reminds me about the other day.