7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What to do about TROLLS

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Exclamation What to do about TROLLS

I have noticed lately that there have been quite a few new members . The new members are a good thing, we need all we can get, but some of them have ill intentions. They do not own a Civic nor do they even like civics. In general they are here only to spread chaos and uproar, which they have been doing a good job of. This uproar has caused some of the seasoned members to either leave or go on a cussing tyrant of sorts. This cussing has lead to the MODS cracking down on all vulgarity. Most of us here are adults and can handle the occasional foul mouth member but we do need to keep in mind that kids may be strolling threw from time to time.

I have composed a little manual of how to handle these ill intentioned members.

What to do about trolls:
  • Ignore them. This is the most important rule and I cannot stress it enough. If you see a troll, ignore it. Posting a message along the lines of "Ignore the troll" does not count as ignoring the troll.
    This is because truly dedicated trollers are looking for attention, and even this kind of sideways reference feeds them. Don't do it, hmmkay?
  • If there is someone who insists on replying to trolls, and you're reasonably sure this person is not a troller himself, send them a pm or email telling them to ignore the troll. Or use some other means that the troller can't see.
  • Make friends. Surprisingly, this sometimes works. (Not often.)
  • Reward good behavior. Most people are not completely malicious; occasionally they produce something worthwhile, and this should be encouraged.
    However, they may be trying to lure you into a worse situation. Be prudent and think strategically.
That's all for now, I'll post more if I think of any later.

Note:

Alpha 5 (Matt) is not a softy nor have I conformed to the pink side. I am just trying to keep tempers down and let things smooth over for a while. Yes, I have been a big contributor to the foul mouth tyrants some times but I will try to lead this crusade by example.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by DeX
hey I'm in .
Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
hey i'm in..sorry
Originally Posted by speedfoos
All right, I'm officially in using your agenda.
Originally Posted by bigainabuilt
Down!!!
Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
hey matt, im in!!!
Originally Posted by MURDOCK
Good post, I agree .
Originally Posted by mani_is_kool
Sounds fun ... I'M IN
Originally Posted by Envy
Join IN.

Thank you.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 10-26-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What to do about TROLLS

Good post, I agree things do need to get back on track.
Old 10-24-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Word....guilty as charged. Why is it always us three.....

But Matt....

A tyrant = a despot or otherwise heavy-handed, unfair ruler

A rant = what I've been up to lately...

Webster's > You

Last edited by speedfoos; 10-24-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-24-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

lol...
Old 10-24-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Ignore the troll.
Old 10-24-2007
pao
Registered!!

pao has a spectacular aura aboutpao has a spectacular aura about

Old 10-24-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

if it gets out of hand, hit the report button the upper right hand corner of the post.
Done deal.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

Reward good behavior.
Most people are not completely malicious; occasionally they produce something worthwhile, and this should be encouraged.
However, they may be trying to lure you into a worse situation. Be prudent and think strategically.

I think i fall into this category! lawls
Old 10-24-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^ ignore the troll

LOL good post Matt, we'll see how this works. im definately guilty of NOT ignoring the trolls... i just feel as though i should say something. im not that much of a senior member myself.. look at the join date... but i think i have a firm grip on how things are suppose to be going down around here and i know wat should/shouldnt be posted and wat should/shouldnt be tolerated by any new members.. hopefully i can ignore them and theyll slowly vanish in the background.. or hang themselves..whichever comes first. +1....wait..dammit nvm..sorry bud
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

just curious here....
maybe this can help me do better on my part on these forums!

i know im relatively new to the site, i have helped when i can and will
continue to help in the future when i can. I have said somethings that yea...oky, they're offensive or rude sure....but how often do you see a thread were there is no offesnive material? (Language, images, fighting, etc...)

So....
what is it a guy has to do to make you guys happy?
because i am not leaving CivicForums so that not an option, youll just have to deal with it i guess?

but what im looking for is positive insight here!
so dont bother with the insults cuz ill just ignore em anyhow k.

thanks!
Old 10-24-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

maybe u should stop talking so much. u seem to have a remark to everything and an opinion on everything and everyone. nobody is asking for u to make anybody else happy. and actually its not that often where we see someone being rude and offensive for no apparent reason. in my personal opinion of you, you seem to act like you know everything. you come off a little cocky and very opinionated (sp?). you should be alittle more open minded to peoples views and not so quick to jump to conclusions about what kind of person so and so is because of what so and so thinks. thanks for your part in helping to educate everyone.. you seem to know a decent amount of information and its good that some of the people coming into this site have at least some kind of knowledge. just dont over do it.. and dont act like a dick to everyone else... not everything people say needs a comment by you right after it. and nobody needs to be called a peice of ****. not to bring other things up but i saw on another post where speedfoos said IBTL and you come up right behind him and say.. "in for what? to let people know you're here?". Thats really uncalled for..and seeing as how Speedfoos is one of the more respected and appreciated people on this here current civicforums, you get the jist of it.
Old 10-24-2007
This is Myspace

Originally Posted by FGCOUPE
maybe this can help me do better on my part on these forums!

i know im relatively new to the site

So....
because i am not leaving CivicForums so that not an option, youll just have to deal with it i guess?

but what im looking for is positive insight here!
so dont bother with the insults cuz ill just ignore em anyhow k.
you cant just ask us wat you have to do to make us "happy" and then say we'll just have to deal with how you are anyway..thats pointless.

nobody is going to insult you...but we will definately criticize...critisize..(sp?) you and you cant just ignore that..if you cant take it.. then this is really not a good place for you to be at.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

i have absoltely no issues wht speedfoos?

as for the "POS" comment, that was called for really!
the guy comes here to call us down, make fun of our beloved civics for what?
a mustang? now that to me is uncalled for.
Old 10-24-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

when a troll comes up to me. he asks me three questions and i answer them and he lets me cross the bridge... i don't know why everyone is having such trouble..
Old 10-24-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

everyone has to keep in mind, we were all newbs at one point, so u gotta give em a break here and there, what gets me the most is the constant multiple posts on the same friggin topic, like it will get answered faster....
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

lol
kinda is like highschool for the first time in a sense eh'
get yer *** kicked once, walk in with a new attitude the next? lawls.

Like i said, ill try to better myself k guys, cuz this forum is good, the people can be a pain soemtimes but hey, its all cool!

peeces of skittles
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

i have absoltely no issues wht speedfoos?

as for the "POS" comment, that was called for really!
the guy comes here to call us down, make fun of our beloved civics for what?
a mustang? now that to me is uncalled for.
The comment wasn't needed. Don't attack the person, attack the idea. When stuff like that is said it shows a lack of education. Come on man... don't bring that into this forum.
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

aight'

done.
Old 10-24-2007
Runumhard Or Go Home

bigainabuilt is an unknown quantity at this point

I prefer the 12 gauge for them damn trolls.IGNORE THE TROLLS!!
Old 10-24-2007
This is Myspace

ignore the trolls... sig material, should be a crew lol
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

This was a piece written in a time of need, it should be used as a reminder. If you are in then cool, let us know.
Say, hey I'm in .

Look at the post by "pao" that is all we need. He is the newest member here and he is showing more maturity than most of us. He has already pm me about a couple of things.

That is all we need, if you would like to leave a little heart felt thought then cool.
But this is not open for discussion, you are either going to be cool or not.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 10-27-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-24-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

hey I'm in .
Old 10-24-2007
Registered!!

Thank you, to all that are in so far.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 10-25-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2007
This is Myspace

hey i'm in..sorry
Old 10-25-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I accept PayPal.

On the troll issue. I have a hard time ignoring them (obviously). I recommend a simple "Troll" in the reply and that's it. No explanation by anyone. If you feel you must, make it a link to this thread. But no more. And when they post in here, same thing.

***EDIT: Ya, I originally typed that, but then re-read your post and suggestions. All right, I'm officially in using your agenda not mine. /EDIT

Last edited by speedfoos; 10-25-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-25-2007
Runumhard Or Go Home

bigainabuilt is an unknown quantity at this point

Down!!!
Old 10-25-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

hey matt, what about me, im in!!!
Old 10-25-2007
This is Myspace

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I accept PayPal.

On the troll issue. I have a hard time ignoring them (obviously). I recommend a simple "Troll" in the reply and that's it. No explanation by anyone. If you feel you must, make it a link to this thread. But no more. And when they post in here, same thing.

***EDIT: Ya, I originally typed that, but then re-read your post and suggestions. All right, I'm officially in using your agenda not mine. /EDIT
official troll hint/logo/argument..use it whenver need be. great idea foos!
Old 10-25-2007
Registered!!

im in.
Old 10-25-2007
Registered!!

im in.
Thanks,
I appreciate the cooperation.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 10-27-2007 at 12:40 AM.

Quick Reply: What to do about TROLLS