7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Accident Pictures[NO 56k]

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PiNoYxRaCeRxRH is an unknown quantity at this point
Accident Pictures[NO 56k]

so i was leaving work at Fry's Electronics then when i was driving out the parking lot BOOM! I thought i scraped the side of my car on a parked car but it was a old dude in an SUV backing out of his space that backed into me while I driving through.He was from Colorado and we both didn't have the number to the police here in Las Vegas. my cell phone number is from the bay area so i called work and they didn't want to call metro(police) they said it's private property and **** and that they wouldn't come out but they was right but not cause it was private property it was because it was Friday and they was busy so i called metro(police) and they said swap info and if i think this damage was more than 700 dollars we can come into the station within 10 days to file a report. i told the guy and he said he was leaving vegas tomorrow morning and he didn't to leave without filing a report i guess because he didn't want to get sued for hit and run if he didn't file a report. so yeah i told him to follow me to the police station down the street. it was traffic and i had to keep an eye on him just in case he might try to lose me. so we filed a police report and i took down his info like his insurance and policy number and called my insurance agent. went home and took pix. the guy was driving a Chevy Suburban BTW and he only had a scrape on his bumper. his trailer hitch did all the damage,too bad he didn't have the ball on my car would of been totaled if he didn't. so i need opinions on what i should do. color,shops,comments,ideas,questions,etc. sorry got lil shutter happy wit the camera.

Old 09-29-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Accident Pictures[NO 56k]

Ouch! theirs been a lot of accidents this month it seems.

Last edited by MURDOCK; 09-29-2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

that sucks, but at least it didn't pop the side airbag, if you have one. biggest bitch about the whole thing is going to be getting them to match the paint. at least the guy had insurance, and you got the report/info.
Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

yeah i was surprised the side airbag didn't go off? it's a pretty be dent. i thought it would've. you think it would be possible to get the whole car painted a whole new color without me paying a dime?
Old 09-29-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

i don't see why not. just find a shop that tells you they can't match it without painting the whole thing, and get em to quote you a price for parts, labor, and painting the whole thing. after insurance writes them a check, just work out with the shop any difference in cost between the SSM original paint, and whatever color you wanna do.
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

^^^thats what id do too, my fiance's sisters car was parked out front of our house today while we were at breakfast, and the neighbor across the street hit it backing out of their driveway, its a saturn so no biggie, no physical damage just a little paint damage, plus its a plastic car, so it didnt even dent it, but yea lots of accidents this month, good thing its almost over!!!!
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Ouch !!! thats creepy man !!!
Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

any body shop recommendations???
Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

who can guess closest to the estimated damage? lol
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

2800?
Old 09-29-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

$4,500
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow thats alot of damage, he must have been going pretty fast backing out of that spot
Old 09-30-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to guess closer to $6K. They will have to replace that rear quarter panel which runs all the way down the roof pillar. It's a big piece. Plus the door and the fender too. Fenders are cheap, but the rest of the parts alone are going to be like $1200. Add the labor to remove replace them, plus the glass, then paint on top of that.. Mucho expensivo man. The fender may be all right, but that's small potatoes compared to the rest of the damage.

The body shop could cut that piece of the quarter panel out and weld a new panel piece in, but the sheet metal is soooo thin. It's real easy to just burn right through it with a welder.

For your sake, I hope they don't total it.
Old 10-01-2007
Registered!!

i hope they total it lol
Old 10-01-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

Its not going to be totaled, not unless they find some sort of frame damage.

My car had the whole rear end replaced on it and it was almost totaled... $6500+ in damage.

other wise, 1 quarter + 1 door + paint and blend... 3500-4500, depending on where you take it.

regardless the most important thing... YOU THE OWNER ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN CHOOSE WHERE THE CAR IS REPAIRED AT. the insurance company can recommend a shop, but they can not require you to have it repaired there.

So make sure you pick a good, expensive, shop. As insurance companys deserve no quarter, given that they'll screw you over at the drop of a hat.
Old 10-01-2007
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough

Grammer and punctuation > you

That looks like it's gonna set you back quite a bit. As someone already mentioned, the quarter panel is what will cost the most to replace. If the body shop does not find any underlying damage to the door itself, then they will just replace the outer skin of the door.
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Its not going to be totaled, not unless they find some sort of frame damage.

My car had the whole rear end replaced on it and it was almost totaled... $6500+ in damage.

other wise, 1 quarter + 1 door + paint and blend... 3500-4500, depending on where you take it.

regardless the most important thing... YOU THE OWNER ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN CHOOSE WHERE THE CAR IS REPAIRED AT. the insurance company can recommend a shop, but they can not require you to have it repaired there.

So make sure you pick a good, expensive, shop. As insurance companys deserve no quarter, given that they'll screw you over at the drop of a hat.
know any good expensive shops in town?
Old 10-02-2007
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

I know a really good one in San Diego... But thats not going to help you here.
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

damnn!!!! sorry for that man.
Old 10-02-2007
Autocross Junky

Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin

Does pointing out the shortcomings of others allow you to sleep better at night; comfortable in your own grammatical superiority?

Last edited by Zzyzx; 10-02-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

bwuahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now that's funny.

Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin
saury mi ingleesh izz snot ferpeck.

anyways my estimate came out to 3Gs. so who won the guessing game? lol
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

i did... i guessed that your FUKKED big time. LOLOL!!!

musta tol
Old 10-03-2007
Autocross Junky

Oh, one more tip from a guy who's family owns a collision repair shop... Get a few estimates, not just one. and compare what each shop is going to do, particularly with the paint. As in are they going to blend the door in to the fender and the quarter in to the bumper & deck lid?
Old 10-03-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn. $3K huh? Not bad.
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

i really don't see a point in getting more than 1 estimate since the insurance is paying everything anyways except for my 20% of the car rental. i decided to go to Falconi's Collision Shop. they specialize in japanese imports. when i went there all i saw was nissans, hondas, acuras, infinitis, toyotas, and other imports. plus enterprise rental was right in the same building. my rental is gonna be like 6 bucks a day. BTW try'd to deal with the other party's insurance myself and they was trying to put fault on me. they said they wasn't paying a cent and i was like EXCUSE ME!? IT WAS ALL ON THEIR FAULT and he was like i had 20% fault lol even if i did have any fault they should be paying 100% of the damages. so i decided to let my insurance deal wit getting them to cough up the dough.
Old 10-04-2007
Autocross Junky

Its not necessarily for the $$$ but rather what they are going to do to the car.

as in some shops will cheep out and not blend the paint in to the adjacent panels, or they may not pull the windows when they paint..or if they write the sheet for a new door or just a door skin or Used vs new parts (yes they are allowed to use used parts). things like that, separate the good shops from the bad shops.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Its not necessarily for the $$$ but rather what they are going to do to the car.

as in some shops will cheep out and not blend the paint in to the adjacent panels, or they may not pull the windows when they paint..or if they write the sheet for a new door or just a door skin or Used vs new parts (yes they are allowed to use used parts). things like that, separate the good shops from the bad shops.
oh! yeah yeah know what chu mean. my cousin went to a cheap shop that painted wit the windows and did some crappy a$$ masking. the shop i went to are good. found them on the better business bureau list and they was on my insurance recommendations list.
Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

d17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of lightd17civickid is a glorious beacon of light

get the insurance guy to come to your house 1st to give you an estimate... im guessing you already did that though... then go to all the repair shops and see who can do it the cheapest and best.... then keep the money you have left over!! well thats what i would do...
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

BLK03EX2DR is an unknown quantity at this point

But also keep in mind that they will only pay what they think the job will take, so if you decide to go to a shop that does really good work but is also more expensive then they might not pay all of the claim. This bantering is usually done through the body shop and the insurance company though.

And that doesn't look that bad bro, my '92 camaro got totalled when some guy did the same thing to me but on a public street except a 'lil harder. The officer didn't want to file a report but I made him, turns out the insurance company said 3K in damages and totalled my baby. Remember that the policeman files the report and the adjuster estimates damages, don't let them get their jobs confused. The guy was out a truck bumper and now I have a car I'm parting out and a 6.7L engine sitting in a garage with no car to go into. These clowns don't watch where they are backing up and honestly I think they don't care as they make out with just a messed up bumper in the end.

Last edited by BLK03EX2DR; 10-07-2007 at 09:38 AM.