7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Summer Detail with Meguiar's 3 Step System

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cancov is an unknown quantity at this point
Summer Detail with Meguiar's 3 Step System

Just finished today with my summer detail and took some pics. This was the first time I used the Meguiar's 3 step system. I'm not completely convinced of this system against others probably due to the fact that on my silver, you just can't see that big of difference in a coat of wax. Obviously I'm happy with the finish, I mean after applying 3 coats of wax, I'm happy just to be done with it and see that mirror shine.

Other than that, just sprayed some Armor All on the tire, wiped the inside with a wipe, a good vacuum, and an engine bay detail. Just switched to Mobil 1 syntheitic and rotated the tires.

I'm sure some of yall feel the same way, but some people just don't understand that feeling you get when you've put this kind of care into your car. I'm a freak for taking care of your ride, no matter what its like. I have an '86 Mazda B2000 that I put alot of love in too. Is it just me?

Old 08-15-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Summer Detail with Meguiar's 3 Step System

nice detail....

u should get a front license plate to cover that ugly stuff
Old 08-16-2007
Registered!!

CastorTroy is an unknown quantity at this point

Great job!
I just washed and waxed my car today. It took me almost 3 hours but now it look great
Old 08-16-2007
Registered!!

craddmd is an unknown quantity at this point

Very, very nice. But how exactly did you detail the engine bay? I've been dying to get mine looking like that for the past couple of years but have heard so many different things about not doing this and not doing that so I don't know quite what to do. I've heard steam cleaning is a no-no and using a foaming degreaser didn't get all of it for me.
Old 08-16-2007
Registered!!

Um...well, I cleaned the engine bay back last spring and it wasn't entirely that dirty, just a few bugs and mostly dust. But I get this degreaser called Greased Lightening, a home cleaner my mom still uses. Its a mild degreaser and the only negative effects I've had from it is a slight "brightening" of the black plastic which I in turn Armor All. I first cover my air filter from the AEM V2 which a plastic shopping bag. Then I wet the engine, spray the Greased Lightening and let sit for about 30 seconds and then spray back off with a pressure washer (about 2200 psi). I think the first time I did it, I had to do it twice, but really thats it.
Old 08-16-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
nice detail....

u should get a front license plate to cover that ugly stuff
Yeah the chick (yeah, I know) I bought it from was from Virginia where they have license plates on the front. I need one to cover it but I haven't find one that looks aight.
Old 08-21-2007
Registered!!

ancientpimp is an unknown quantity at this point

great job on the engine bay, mine still looks dirty after detailing it (no pressure washer), but i got the paint to "shine" almost new where the silver specks were glinting under the sun (i've only seen this on new cars on dealership [and mine, lol])
Dont be disappointed witht the 3 step of meguiars, you did a great job on a silver color thats very difficult to match the shine that you get from black colored paint. At least silver wont reveal impurities and swirls as much as black.
I'm about to do my detailing in a few weeks as well and i'm trying out something a bit more aggressive than scratch remover with a RO polisher (not buffer) Again great job on paint and engine bay!
Old 08-29-2007
The Random King of the Posts

01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light

Super clean.. car looks great the way it looks. I like the 3 step system, but i agree you can tell on silver, but we did a old mazda truck one time it was a Mcdonalds french fry box red and when we got done it was a nice shiny fire engine red..