7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

do people instanly classify you?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Question do people instanly classify you?

Like hey guys, just cause u drive a 7th gen do regular people classify u as immature and rice, and then other tuners classify you as crap/not worth modding...

Like i'm about to go to a honda-tech meet and im just thinkin about the looks i get when i drive around. I dont want a group of people coming up to me assuming, or people thinking bad. Like i love meh EM2, and i dont care about when they say, but is what im assuming about them the truth for n e of u??

Last edited by LT2004ever; 05-17-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-17-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: do people instanly classify you?

I remember a similair thread....I have personally never been to any of the local Honda Tech meets that go around here. Driving a EM2 doesn't get you any respect around here unless its turboe'd or swapped. I have neither both but i am working on the looks. Dont expect to get a thumbs up from any of the Honda Tech people hell i can care less. Like you i still love my car and **** it looks fukn clean and i have plenty more stuff to do to it...at least you aint got to be worried about getting your car jacked =]

On and the ricer thing happens to mostly all imports i get revved by all checvy ford dodge trucks alongs with mustangs..i choose to ignore them a) i will loose and... b) ive outgrown the whole racing attitude
Old 05-18-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Originally Posted by MidnightCivic
I remember a similair thread....I have personally never been to any of the local Honda Tech meets that go around here. Driving a EM2 doesn't get you any respect around here unless its turboe'd or swapped. I have neither both but i am working on the looks. Dont expect to get a thumbs up from any of the Honda Tech people hell i can care less. Like you i still love my car and **** it looks fukn clean and i have plenty more stuff to do to it...at least you aint got to be worried about getting your car jacked =]

On and the ricer thing happens to mostly all imports i get revved by all checvy ford dodge trucks alongs with mustangs..i choose to ignore them a) i will loose and... b) ive outgrown the whole racing attitude

lol so true !!!
Old 05-18-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Or if there windows open... I go, " U love visiting the GAS STATION! DOnthca !!! LOL
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

Azizst is an unknown quantity at this point

Civic is a car that gives pleasure with costing less. I'm planning to keep on with my ride for at least 15 years now...
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point

Well....my group of guys all has some pretty legit cars....SRT4 w/ mods, turbo ls/vtec CRX with immaculate body/paint, 2 VW R32s, a GSR with I/H/E and tein SS, 99 Si, a Jetta 1.8T with a bunch of power mods.....and what do I have...the lonely EM2. They dont really hate on it.
Old 05-19-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by sil04ver
Well....my group of guys all has some pretty legit cars....SRT4 w/ mods, turbo ls/vtec CRX with immaculate body/paint, 2 VW R32s, a GSR with I/H/E and tein SS, 99 Si, a Jetta 1.8T with a bunch of power mods.....and what do I have...the lonely EM2. They dont really hate on it.

Stop being Ungrateful and Just Thank god a million times that he made u fortunate enuff to afford a LONELY EM2 ... coz theres a billion people out there who can only afford ONE MEAL A DAY ... let alone a LONELY an EM2 !
Old 05-19-2007
Registered!!

sil04ver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mani_is_kool
Stop being Ungrateful and Just Thank god a million times that he made u fortunate enuff to afford a LONELY EM2 ... coz theres a billion people out there who can only afford ONE MEAL A DAY ... let alone a LONELY an EM2 !

LOL whatever man. The thread is asking if you get hated on or are classified as a ricer, and I'm saying no I dont, even by the local import gearheads. Stick to the topic and don't start trying to be peoples e-daddy and teach lessons.
Old 05-20-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

for me its more like people classify me as a rice boy cause im a 20 year old male with a modified honda. i think thats the general mentality of people outside of the car world.

and as far as it goes inside the car world its more like oh he drives a 7thgen it looks good but its slow as ****
Old 05-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Well, on a slightly related note...

I call up my buddy today to see what hes doing for dinner, he says hes driving his friends car. So I ask him what kind of car.. and hes says its a mustang. SO i'm like cool, what year? And he hands the phone to his friend and hes like "hey?" I'm like yo, what kind of car do you have? He says mustang.. and I"m like 4 cyl? hes like, "no, if ford made a 4 cyl mustang it'd be the pussyist car out there, I have a V6" I'm like okay... hung up on the dude a few seconds later- what fvckin additude. So I google a little and send my buddy a text message to have him tell his friend that they made 4 cyl mustangs from upuntil 1993. He text me back saying he has a 2003 - automatic. Hold the boat... He has a heavy 2003 automatic mustang with 190hp... I have a light manual civc with maybe 130hp. Whoopdedo. Although I'm not much of a racer, I've beat v6 mustangs before- they got no power. One last text message- "do you think my civic could beat his mustang" and his friend replys back "I really dont give a fvcking ****."

He sounded so confident that he had a FORD mustang... but once we find out he has an automatic, and my buddy probably spoke up and testify'd that my civic has some *****, he wasnt so proud. Whatevers. Moral of this, people can be dooshbags and fit you, and themselves, into classifications that they think mean something.

I could just imagine...
My buddys friend: I need two big egos, and I need them tonight.
Myself: Its not the car you stand next to, its how you drive it, brian.

Last edited by TRIZ; 05-20-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-20-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I just got back from dropping my friends at the bar, it was a real popular place which is always packed on the weekends. My friend put Without Me on as we were getting close and I said, "I don't want to pull up there with my window down and Eminem playing driving a Civic." He turned to me and said, "Embrace what you are."

I just thought it was funny.
Old 05-21-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

well me and my friend went to the honda-tech meet, and then later on a 150+ car meet here in downtown Nashville, and like idk, the looks weren't all that great, but then again, i wasnt expecting much... i did get a few laughs, when i showed people my bumper i have a bandaid on the bottom right where someone rear ended me :/
Old 05-25-2007
Registered!!

Chun_Kit is an unknown quantity at this point

well i think i know how u feel a bit... i have a friend who owns a g35 and another with a FC...i know that power wise my car will get eat up by them..but then again the speed of ur car also depends on the driver itself...there are a lot of people who have high powered cars but dont know how to handle them properly..but because they have a fast car they feel as if they can eat us up easily... they do have a huge advantage over us but most cars with that much power like the mustang are very heavy and have pretty bad handling... I've been bashed on by some of my co-worker about my car..cuz its pretty damn slow..but my other friends know i'm pretty fast because they say i have more ***** or something... on a drag race yeh they beat us..but if ur car is set up properly..on a track i dont think it'll be as bad as they think we are...
Anyways..if u love ur car..then dont let other ppl who hate on it doubt ur car.. if you love it..you love it.. be proud of ur car because just because u have a 200+ HP car doesn't mean u know how to drive it so yeh u can beat cars like that...
More on topic..if u dont fit ur civic with cheap parts and make it look ricer ish...people do see that ur car looks nice and will like it..some people have liked how my car looks and sounds..and my surprising my friend who owns cars like g35, wrx, and the FC like driving my car for some reason..i ono maybe because its fun and easy to handle or something... I like my car..slow or fast ...plus if any case..our civics will make a nice beater car when i get an evo or something
Old 05-25-2007
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light

as everyone else said...put our cars in an autoX and you get respect. I am usually only a second or two behind my friends with C4 vette, sti, ws6, cts-v, and 6.0 gto when we autoX. They respect my driving ability but they always do 130+ speeds and leave me behind... . but i pass 'em at the gas pump
Old 05-25-2007
Registered!!

dopeyboy247 will become famous soon enough

I think it also has to do with which kind of car you drive. I bet people that drive Ford Mustang GT's are classified differently then those that drive Ford Focus SVT's. Sorry to say but we drive a Civic, An Economical reliable car
Even with those Civics with 400hp+ people say "It's still a Civic". Sad but true
And also people that drive Dodge SRT
4's people say "It's still a Neon" lol

Don't listen to the haters, do what You want with your ride.
Old 05-29-2007
Registered!!

alcopaulic is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you guys might be in the wrong mindset here. If you paint your car yellow, put clear taillights on it, a huge spoiler, etc. you are obviously trying to get noticed by the wrong people, and those are the same people who are going to hate. If you are like me, you bought a civic for the reason a civic was made. It's one of the best made, cheapest, reliable and smartest cars made. I bought an 02 ep3 a while back and had my choices at many cars (cobalt ss, neon srt, non-sti wrx) all of which are faster than my ep3. None of those cars are built as well or get the gas mileage (3.49 a gallon here) that my civic does. So if you only wanted speed you had better choices, but instead you chose a honda because of the bullet proof engine, instead of the junk engine matched up with a forced induction system and a terrible drive train. So yeah, some people call me a ricer, but why do i care what they think? they're driving a steaming pile of dog crap.
Old 05-30-2007
Ricky Bobby style, IWGF

02civic21 is a jewel in the rough02civic21 is a jewel in the rough02civic21 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DeX
"I don't want to pull up there with my window down and Eminem playing driving a Civic." He turned to me and said, "Embrace what you are."
TRUE.... TRUE
Old 05-30-2007
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

Elitest are every where and in every niche... Just ignor them for being retards.
Old 05-30-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I like to let those that want to talk, talk, so that I can see how full of talk they really are.

This applies to meet and greets on up to just about every part of life.
Old 05-30-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Originally Posted by alcopaulic
I think you guys might be in the wrong mindset here. If you paint your car yellow, put clear taillights on it, a huge spoiler, etc. you are obviously trying to get noticed by the wrong people, and those are the same people who are going to hate. If you are like me, you bought a civic for the reason a civic was made. It's one of the best made, cheapest, reliable and smartest cars made. I bought an 02 ep3 a while back and had my choices at many cars (cobalt ss, neon srt, non-sti wrx) all of which are faster than my ep3. None of those cars are built as well or get the gas mileage (3.49 a gallon here) that my civic does. So if you only wanted speed you had better choices, but instead you chose a honda because of the bullet proof engine, instead of the junk engine matched up with a forced induction system and a terrible drive train. So yeah, some people call me a ricer, but why do i care what they think? they're driving a steaming pile of dog crap.
Meh car has nothing that attracts people to it except for the black rims.... and they arent like they are 19, 20, 21etc. inches either. And i didnt buy my civic, but no im not complaining about my car, like i said i love it. But i just hate being instantly classified ya know... its like the stereotyping people cause of their cars... yea i know everyone is a victim, and a culprit of this lol thats why we have this thread https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ml#post4195555

but it just rubs me wrong when i got to car shows and all i get are crap looks from everyone, just cause i drive a civic and not like a freakin skyline
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

landonab is an unknown quantity at this point

Being older than most (37 [almost]) and driving a 05 vic with a few mods, I get a lot of ricer types (older civics with primered body kits, XL wings) giving me looks and wanting to race. Since I am usually packing 2 toddlers behind the tinted glass I just ignore them and hope that they don't kill anyone while they are out racing around.

It doesn't bother me personally. This is my 3rd civic (5th if counting the 2 my wife owned) and I just like them, so I will probably always have one around. The only time I was a bit irked was when a young punk pulled-up in a 08 si with his girlfriend and wanted to race. I, not intentionally, got ahead of him off the light and he felt it necessary to then blow past me. I laughed at the time but secretly wished I'd had the car. Heh.

When people hate, it's generally based out of jealousy.
Old 06-01-2007
Registered!!

clowry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chun_Kit
well i think i know how u feel a bit... i have a friend who owns a g35 and another with a FC...i know that power wise my car will get eat up by them..but then again the speed of ur car also depends on the driver itself...there are a lot of people who have high powered cars but dont know how to handle them properly..but because they have a fast car they feel as if they can eat us up easily... they do have a huge advantage over us but most cars with that much power like the mustang are very heavy and have pretty bad handling... I've been bashed on by some of my co-worker about my car..cuz its pretty damn slow..but my other friends know i'm pretty fast because they say i have more ***** or something... on a drag race yeh they beat us..but if ur car is set up properly..on a track i dont think it'll be as bad as they think we are...
Anyways..if u love ur car..then dont let other ppl who hate on it doubt ur car.. if you love it..you love it.. be proud of ur car because just because u have a 200+ HP car doesn't mean u know how to drive it so yeh u can beat cars like that...
More on topic..if u dont fit ur civic with cheap parts and make it look ricer ish...people do see that ur car looks nice and will like it..some people have liked how my car looks and sounds..and my surprising my friend who owns cars like g35, wrx, and the FC like driving my car for some reason..i ono maybe because its fun and easy to handle or something... I like my car..slow or fast ...plus if any case..our civics will make a nice beater car when i get an evo or something
I agree, I have raced mustang GT's in past, and won, simply because the driver had no idea what he was doing. Also, in my area there are ricers EVERYWHERE, you lit. can't go two miles without seeing one. Me, my car looks stock, all the way to the hub caps. I occasionally have some idiot pull up next to me, and challenge me to a race, depending what he is driving I might accept. Places I have been people don't seem to look at me as a ricer, simply because I don't have the huge spoiler, or neon paint job, nothing is wrong with that, I just prefer to sit back and let people think I'm just a stock civic owner.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

jbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to agree with the earlier posts about why we have these cars. With gas being well over $3 now it is for that reason. Who cares if you have less than 190hp. I think that if you like the car, like an aftermarket mod, then do it. Who cares what the others think. I think that the older you get the less the hating bothers you. It is usually the young highschoolers who have mommy and daddy footing the mod bill that are the ones out here hating on your car.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jbrown
It is usually the young highschoolers who have mommy and daddy footing the mod bill that are the ones out here hating on your car.
LOL, I am a high school student, and I can safely say that my parents are NOT footing the mod. bill. Don't get me wrong, I love my civic, but I was forced to get it because it is a "safe, reliable, and fuel efficient car." I wanted a fun car, but now I am in the posistion where I can mod my car, I just haven't told my parents about the mods. Hence another reason why my car has to look stock. They never see under the car, or under the hood, so I blow all of my money there. It is not like they said "here son, here is a car" they said "here son, you can buy this car," which by the way, I will be making payments on well into college.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

mike21190 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clowry
LOL, I am a high school student, and I can safely say that my parents are NOT footing the mod. bill. Don't get me wrong, I love my civic, but I was forced to get it because it is a "safe, reliable, and fuel efficient car." I wanted a fun car, but now I am in the posistion where I can mod my car, I just haven't told my parents about the mods. Hence another reason why my car has to look stock. They never see under the car, or under the hood, so I blow all of my money there. It is not like they said "here son, here is a car" they said "here son, you can buy this car," which by the way, I will be making payments on well into college.
i am in the exact same boat as you
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough

Heres how I see it. Drive it till it dies then get your Evo or Sti or who knows in three years what new car they will have out when ur in the market for it. As far as mods go make it look nice slam it w/e. Dont waste time on the D17 unless your older and can afford turbo etc. or swap.
Old 06-02-2007
Registered!!

I will prob. be adding a turbo by the end of the year. The mods. that I am doing now are kinda of working up to that point. Until then, I am just doing little HP boosts. A lot of 1s, 2s, and 3 HP boosts add up pretty quickly.
Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

jbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Clowry I shouldn't have classified you...hahah... I was just speaking of the kids that I have encountered who are going all out with their parents credit card in hand. I know that we have all seen them.
Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jbrown
Sorry Clowry I shouldn't have classified you...hahah... I was just speaking of the kids that I have encountered who are going all out with their parents credit card in hand. I know that we have all seen them.
I have, and every time I do, it reminds me how unfair life is...