7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

RS-R ExMag vs. Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
RS-R ExMag vs. Magnaflow

I have an 02 civic ex. I'm trying to get my hands on a Magnaflow exhaust for a good price. Ive found some rpetty good prices considering it's over $500 from the company itself. But lately i've been coming across alot of this RS-R ExMag exhaust for the 02 civics. I keep reading it raises your horsepower and you really feel a difference and all this crap, but what i understand. These d17s dont really get any huge HP gains from I/H/E. In that case i just want an exhaust for the noise really, but if i can get some nice power gains i'd be more than happy to get one or other. So basically, from people who ACTUALLY HAVE EXPERIENCE, what do you think really has more of a power gain. This magnaflow or the rsr. Also, not to mention, that rs-r is pretty expensive. Any thought at all would be helpful, thanks!
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
The only one that gives our cars some hp is the Tanabe Hyper/Super Medallion...trust me, I've had the DC Sport TCS and Apexi N1...but everybody on here trusts the Tanabe...i'm thinkin' bout gettin' one...
Old 03-06-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
But how does the Tanabe sound.. I want a deep nice growl like the Magnaflow. And ive heard people SAY the rs-r sounds nice and deep when u floor it, and then quiet on the highway. which i wouldnt mind at all.
Old 03-06-2007
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point
i doubt theres any difference in hp between the brands, just go with which ever one sounds best to you, ive had a magnaflow and have gotten nothing but compliments
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

my1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Tanabe super medalion hyper aka Neuspeed ss is a very nice sounding exhaust. Even with a race header it has a nice, deep, mellow sound that is not annoying and doens't drone on the highways. Get that. But, the EXMAG is also a very nice exhaust. those would be my 2 choices. It comes down to styling really - canister vs. oem look. both are great exhausts tho.
Old 03-07-2007
This is Myspace

Cool...well i think ima go with a can. I guess i'll decide on the magnaflow or the tanabe. Anybody see any good deals on either of these...liek really good ones?
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough
ebay is where I got my magnaflow. I paid $325 shipped.
Old 03-07-2007
This is Myspace

damn...the best ive found was 350 and free shipping...did u get it from some guy just selling one or from one of those wholesale companies
Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough
i bought it off the seller autopartsnow. I submitted an offer for $275 and he accepted the offer. I thinks he's a wholeseller.
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

thewheel is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: RS-R ExMag vs. Magnaflow

so im new to the civic world and i like it so far ...but i have a few q's

i just bought the 2002 honda civic hb sir

i took out the stock air box and put ram air on it

now i wanna do exhaust .......will i notice a pwoer gain if i go from the cat's back??? or should i go 2 1/2 inch straigh back

cause after this im ading a 55 shot of wet nos
Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about

cardomain.com store has "cheaper" cat-backs and free shipping on some of them.
Old 04-03-2007
Registered!!

ChiiVtec is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a neuspeed exhaust and runnin a 2 1/4 inch straight pipe..no cat and i get a sick sound out of it...loud on full throttle and its got a suby sound on low rpm...im goin with the HKS HiPower next..got a deal for 250 on it.
Old 04-03-2007
This is Myspace

but u have to stare at ur CEL all day huh