8th & 9th Generation Civic In the years from 2006 to 2015 Honda released its 8th & 9th Generation Civic. 9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4. 8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3.

First Spark Plug Replacement

Old 01-05-2019
emp
Registered!!

emp is an unknown quantity at this point
First Spark Plug Replacement

Took advantage of some decent weather and did my first spark plug replacement on my 2008 Honda Civic EX-L. I used IZFR6K-11S Stock No. 5266 I found on Amazon, alot of the places I found were selling them for $20 or higher per plug so I feel like I got a good deal on them from Amazon for a set of 4 for about $37. I found the vehicle had some Bosch Platinum +2 spark plugs. My next project is going to be changing the transmission fluid. I ordered 4qts and it should be here the start of next week Monday or Tuesday, hopefully the weather holds out.
Old 01-06-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

mac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to all
Re: First Spark Plug Replacement

Good job man 😁.
Old 01-06-2019
Formerly, "The Dongerator"

HR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to beholdHR Puffinblunts is a splendid one to behold

Did you add anti-sieze on the threads?
Old 01-06-2019
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emp View Post
Bosch Platinum +2 spark plugs.
Good get those out!!

German cars don't even use Bosch plugs lol. At least VW.
Old 01-09-2019
emp
Registered!!

emp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HR Puffinblunts View Post
Did you add anti-sieze on the threads?
No, I read that putting anti-sieze on NGK was not recommended
Old 01-09-2019
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by emp View Post
No, I read that putting anti-sieze on NGK was not recommended
Yes it is not needed as NGK has a type of coating on it. I think itís noted on their website.