8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Replacing old S/Plugs with these.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point
Replacing old S/Plugs with these.

Hey guys time to start thinking about replacing my old tired 5 year old Spark Plugs.
with these NGK Laser IR beuties ...!

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/n...Z3MifX0%3D#srp

going Once twice ....? OK Guess i will be putting in these plugs in my 8th Gen soon.

Last edited by brags; 12-25-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Replacing old S/Plugs with these.

is that type what honda uses in 8th gens and aftermarket cost vs dealer are they cheaper ? ?
Old 12-22-2018

Originally Posted by rogerscivic
is that type what honda uses in 8th gens and aftermarket cost vs dealer are they cheaper ? ?
I actually called honda dealer near me and they gave me a $20 a piece s/plug Quote over the phone and couldnt tell me if it was a laser type or not they just said it was of a iriduim type and wouldnt even give me a part # for comparison so these have to be better than hondas overpriced plugs.
Old 12-22-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Or find the OEM plugs online for half the price...
Old 12-23-2018
Registered!!

i got platinum ngk in my engine and they work very well.
Old 12-23-2018

Question for the Forum.?

Last set of S/plugs were changed out when the 8th gen was Younger,...kiding aside at 120.000 Canadian Kms according to records and yes i do Log everything down. but looking back Last spark plug change i used NGK TT's iriduim never used any ant-seize compound on threads - because i was hearing that ant-seize Formula has changed it no longer stayes on as a thick grey guee grease

like substance anymore, but instead dries up to a powdery paste like stuff on S/plugs that was Why i stayed away from using it (didnt want pieces of dried up paste like crap falling in spark/plug hole upon removal) instead i used a small dab of fresh engine oil on threads. as rec by a technition i talked to. has anyone had this experience with Anit-Seize compound .?
Old 12-23-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Those spark plugs actually may be the exact same as the OEM plugs. My google-fu tells me that Honda uses NGK IZFR6K-11S laser iridiums. Alternatively, Denso IK20s should work, too.

As far as your anti-seize question, I've had the same bottle of anti-seize for the better part of a decade now, which doesn't dry up as a powdery paste, but more like a thick toothpaste consistency when it comes time to take anti-seize-coated threads out. Thin layers and wiping off excess is the key to using the stuff
Old 12-23-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Mine turns into a toothpaste like consistency like RiceBoy said. Honestly I have never used it on spark plugs :-0. I don't on lug nuts either but I remove my wheel 2x a year so it's not an issue. Using a thin layer is best.
Old 12-23-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I've used it on both plugs and lugs, no issues. Spark plugs, I usually use a small dab in the middle of the threads and use my finger to spread it evenly. Usually don't go too close to the end of the threads (like 2mm above it).
Old 12-30-2018

Replaced my old Denso SKJ20DR-M11S plugs with these I just increased my engines Performance by using these -
( NGK Premuim Laser Iriduims IZFR6K-11S plugs ) i Posted Pics...
Old 12-30-2018
Registered!!

what did the old denso"s look like?
Old 12-30-2018

Yeah they were actually Densos i no i said NGK TT"s but not what i thought was in there.
Actually they were very dry with a touch of white on the Tips probably due from using fuel Injector cleaner
in the past 5 years since they were in there. uther than that ok.!! I would Highly recommend NGK Preamuim Laser Iriduims well worth Paying the extra $ guys.

Last edited by brags; 12-30-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelling error.
Old 12-30-2018

Originally Posted by GolNat
Mine turns into a toothpaste like consistency like RiceBoy said. Honestly I have never used it on spark plugs :-0. I don't on lug nuts either but I remove my wheel 2x a year so it's not an issue. Using a thin layer is best.
On these NGK Laser Iriduims that i put in i Never bothered useing anything on threads. because i read On CT"s web page that the S/Plug threads have a metal plating thats Anti-Corrosive and Anti-Seizing. all in all, Im Very happy with there Performance. Cheers...!
Old 12-30-2018

Originally Posted by GolNat
I thru away Just now the Anti-seize grey little can i had laying around in the garage Opened it Looked inside and seen a bunch of moisture water film residue build-up ended up throwing it in the garbage. i think Ron is absolutley right about using Anti-Seize it has changed its Formula its No Longer the same it use to be that i no anymore as well ? Listen to the Podcast 22:39 minutes into

what Ron Anannian Great Technition that I know by the way. discovers about using Anti-Seize On Spark Plug threads and How a vehicles Computer Can react to the change. on Just using Anti-Seize on S/Plugs threads ??

https://www.spreaker.com/user/100143...w-3pm-12222018

Last edited by brags; 12-30-2018 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added podcast