8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

overdue oil change

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: overdue oil change

Originally Posted by ezone
The puncture (or repair) may have damaged a steel belt.
You got 78% Nitrogen.
Oh ..ok" it was a small size screw guess thats all it takes to damage a steel belt. i got the front wheels on the back now so for now i have no shimmy shake wheel shake. thank-you for all that posted.
Old 12-15-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rogerscivic
my friendly neighbour next door streteched out his air line gave me air no nitrogen just regular air.
If You got Your Air from One of those big size compressores like shops use.? You could of gotten water in the tire if the compressor used was never drained of water. You might have it in Your tire. thinking Back i have heard of this happening to someone that got some water in there tire along with air "caused all sorts of steering wheell shakes and

vibrations". the big sized compressores need to be drained of water time to time or it builds up under the belly of the compressore thats why there is a water drain found below it. Im Just putting this out there its something i remember hearing about as a posibility.
Old 12-15-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by brags
If You got Your Air from One of those big size compressores like shops use.? You could of gotten water in the tire if the compressor used was never drained of water. You might have it in Your tire. thinking Back i have heard of this happening to someone that got some water in there tire along with air "caused all sorts of steering wheell shakes and

vibrations". the big sized compressores need to be drained of water time to time or it builds up under the belly of the compressore thats why there is a water drain found below it. Im Just putting this out there its something i remember hearing about as a posibility.
"brags i think Your onto something Here", i have not heard my next door neighbour start his compressor in a long,long time. im guessing he also has not done anything to it either. he use to use it all the time since he restored old furniture. i would here it on almost every day, since he stoped though never heard it run anymore, until the day he seen me. he

offered to put air in my tire i almost think your dead on about having water in my tire from his compressore it is a big industrial kind and by coincidence my trouble with the shaky wheel only started after getting air from his compressore".. i will ask him next time i see him thank-You ! once more.
Old 12-15-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ..ok" it was a small size screw guess thats all it takes to damage a steel belt.
Some of the reamers used prior to inserting the plug are much bigger than the nail that made the puncture. Yea it can happen, but is it likely?

Oooh good call!

Whomever did the tire balance would have to be pretty damn observant to see it on the spin balancer though. IMO not many would notice.

Old 12-15-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Probably easier to tell if you take the tire off the car and shake it/move it around to hear the water sloshing
Old 12-16-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Some of the reamers used prior to inserting the plug are much bigger than the nail that made the puncture. Yea it can happen, but is it likely?

Oooh good call!

Whomever did the tire balance would have to be pretty damn observant to see it on the spin balancer though. IMO not many would notice.
You would think so." after reading up on how water can get into a tire i realy beleive thats what i have, im going to pull off tire and shake it around listen for water sloshing thanks - again
Old 12-16-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt you'll be able to hear liquid in the tire.
1 or 2 ounces is quite enough to cause imbalance, and the only way I know to get it out is to break down the tire from the wheel.
Old 12-16-2018
Registered!!

just finished taking my rear wheel off the back thanks colin42 and after shaking it. i could hear water sloshing around inside it. i would of never of guessed it if "brags didnt tell me about it ". i will be taking it to my mechanic next week and showing him what i found. thanks a ton brags.!! and the rest of members for this i truly appreciate the help on this hard to find problem that probably no one would ever of found on my Civic maybe we all here can meet up some time. for a tims coffee somewhere?
Old 12-16-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

just finished taking my rear wheel off the back thanks colin42 and after shaking it. i could hear water sloshing around inside it. i would of never of guessed it if "brags didnt tell me about it ". i will be taking it to my mechanic next week and showing him what i found. thanks a ton brags.!! and the rest of members for this i truly appreciate the help on this hard to find problem that probably no one would ever of found on my Civic maybe we all here can meet up some time. for a tims coffee somewhere?
Glad to hear You found the problem i talk to many Professional technitions in the Automotive feild that have many Years of experience and Knowledge behind there lives, & experiences. many times they also have online web sites with podcasts on them that i Listen in time to time i heard of this same thing hapening to someone

before thats why to me it sounded like water in Your tire. especially after You mentioned getting Air from your neighbours compressor glad to be of Help.! Just sharing the Love Bud.

Last edited by brags; 12-16-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-16-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Glad you found the problem