8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

First Time Civic Owner, Looking for Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedBeard06 is an unknown quantity at this point
First Time Civic Owner, Looking for Advice

So I recently purchased a 2007 Honda Civic from my work, I work at an auto dealership as a mechanic and sold my truck to purchase the car at a pretty good price, I own it outright and even walked away with money.

Now, the reason I purchased the car was because my truck was a single cab, and my wife and I are expecting our first child. We wanted a car that was good on gas mileage, I wanted a manual transmission, and something easily repairable and with lots of aftermarket support, the civic seems to be the answer.

I would like some experienced input on where to go for parts. I do not want to buy used, as my child will be in the car fairly often and I want the security and reliability of brand new parts. Some of the modifications I am looking to do are, Intake, Exhaust, Coilovers, better brakes in the front and rear, perhaps a set of wheels and tires to put on for track days, and later on down the road I plan on adding some forced induction, either through a supercharger or turbocharger. I have also heard that swapping to E85 rated fuel is going to give me a lot more horsepower.

I plan on doing track and time attack as a hobby with this car and want to do as much as I can myself, I am not too worried about top speed and care more about acceleration and handling.

What brands do you guys recommend, and where can I go to look for them. This will be a long running project for several years, and would love to post progress updates. Also, wide body kits? Worth it? Or skip it?
Old 10-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kevo86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: First Time Civic Owner, Looking for Advice

I just usually go on Carid.com and buy parts there. I also have a 2007 Honda Civic, but now that my wife has a brand new car, i started to work on the Honda. I've bought all my parts at Carid.com and some at spoon.jp , ultraracing.com, and supercircuit.com . I also have a subscription to Dsports magazine and so i look at other peoples builds, and if I like something, I go to the website and look for that part.
Old 10-06-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: First Time Civic Owner, Looking for Advice

Originally Posted by RedBeard06
So I recently purchased a 2007 Honda Civic from my work, I work at an auto dealership as a mechanic and sold my truck to purchase the car at a pretty good price, I own it outright and even walked away with money.

Now, the reason I purchased the car was because my truck was a single cab, and my wife and I are expecting our first child. We wanted a car that was good on gas mileage, I wanted a manual transmission, and something easily repairable and with lots of aftermarket support, the civic seems to be the answer.

I would like some experienced input on where to go for parts. I do not want to buy used, as my child will be in the car fairly often and I want the security and reliability of brand new parts. Some of the modifications I am looking to do are, Intake, Exhaust, Coilovers, better brakes in the front and rear, perhaps a set of wheels and tires to put on for track days, and later on down the road I plan on adding some forced induction, either through a supercharger or turbocharger. I have also heard that swapping to E85 rated fuel is going to give me a lot more horsepower.

I plan on doing track and time attack as a hobby with this car and want to do as much as I can myself, I am not too worried about top speed and care more about acceleration and handling.

What brands do you guys recommend, and where can I go to look for them. This will be a long running project for several years, and would love to post progress updates. Also, wide body kits? Worth it? Or skip it?

Highly Recommend getting in touch with this guy Bisimoto Engineering hes the "King of Performance mods and handling" for Your Honda.
he can point You in the right direction.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...of-crazy-video