8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

What are the best budget mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.regal is an unknown quantity at this point
What are the best budget mods?

I'm looking to make a few modifications to my 2011 Civic Si coupe over the summer. I was planning on buying a cheapo suspension kit to lower the car, but I read some reviews saying the parts came from the factory defective. So I need an alternative, something non-cosmetic and can be done on a budget (around 400-500 dollars). I've considered a short throw shifter or lowered springs, but I'm still not sure about them. Any ideas?
Old 05-04-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: What are the best budget mods?

Best thing to do in my opinion is lower the car. I would save up for coilovers instead of getting springs. Reason being is that you can dial in the height that you want and change it in the winter months if you need to. I had springs and went to coilovers later and should have just went with them in the first place.

Check out Tein. They offer great quality at an affordable price.

Short shifter is one of my favorite mods I had and would be my second mod. Its something that you can enjoy with each shift of the car.
Old 05-04-2018
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Put a Vtec Turbo sticker on the side of the car
Your car won't be any faster but you will fool the public.
Old 05-04-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

rear anti-roll bar

stock shocks are usually not up to task when changing to lowering springs. usually a good setup requires springs/shocks.