8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Just Bought this Car and Having issues! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SarahW is an unknown quantity at this point
Just Bought this Car and Having issues! HELP!

Hi,
I'm 20 and I just bought my first car. I saved up all my money to buy a used 2015 Honda civic coupe Lx. When I bought it about a week and half ago I was reassured that the car's Bluetooth, radio, USB, aux port all work well. The Honda dealership I bought this car from did a 420 check on it or something. When I got in the car the USB port, Bluetooth were not working at all it continues to say my phone is unsupported. I also have to mention I have a new Samsung galaxy 8. I went back today to get it looked at and they say that they can fix the Bluetooth but won't be able to fix the USB port. They are telling me because of my make and model it won't be able to be fixed. Is this a legitimate issue or am I at a sleazy honda dealership?
Old 05-03-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Just Bought this Car and Having issues! HELP!

Have them clarify what about the make and model makes them unable to fix it?

If it came from the factory with a USB port then fixing it should not be a problem.
Old 05-03-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Is your phone completely compatible? Find out here:

http://handsfreelink.com/Honda/en-US/US/FindAPhone

Which USB port? Both are dead, or just one?
Does it have an HDMI port? Does it work?

If the USB cable is a problem, maybe your dealers sales people just don't want to spend the money to fix it. After all, you already bought the car and they already got your money.

Maybe someone pulled the center console out and forgot to reconnect all the wires when it was reinstalled

If sales department refuses to fix the problems.....sometimes going to the general manager of the dealership gets results. After all, you just spent (probably $14,000?) at the dealership and you'd like for these things to work
Old 05-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SarahW is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help! I wrote a very nasty review on there website. They finally decided to let me speak to a manager. (Didnt know that was what it took to speak to someone in charge!!!) The service manager said they ordered me a module that would fix all my issues. The manager begged me to take down my review, I reassured him it would be taken down once my car was fixed. I also only have one usb port which is located underneath my arm rest. They have me in a rental for a few days. The manager says he's going to replace it. I have a 1 year bumper to bumper. So hopefully it gets fixed soon. This is just not the issues I want when I buy my first car. I'm a really busy nursing student in finals week so I'm not thrilled about spending a lot of my time at a dealership. Very inconvenient. Thanks for the input.