8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Anyone Replace there muffler with one like this Yet...?

Old 03-30-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone Replace there muffler with one like this Yet...?

Hey Guys my 8th gen Civic is in need of a Re-placement muffler i been Searching online for a nice OEM muffler but they seem to be Pricey So i might Just settle for One of these a (Walker Quite - Flow) Stainless steel Muffler part #54668 anyone have
one on there 8th gen.?

http://weblink.carquest.com/graphicI...556656_AIO.jpg
Old 03-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Anyone Replace there muffler with one like this Yet...?

i cant comment on a walker muffler dont think my mechanic ever used one on my older cars so a dealer muffler would be alot more hey? i would try pricing one out on amazon or ct tire brags im sure if you do a google search you should find a better deal there.
Old 03-30-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,120 Likes on 935 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

I put a walker muffler on my girlfriend's '99 the quality was good, sound seems to be stock.
Old 03-30-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

walker is a good quality american made exhaust manufacturer. i would use a walker product in a heartbeat. they offer everything from stock replacement to performance exhaust products. i have used them and have no complaints. i have also called them on the phone to inquire about their products and they were helpful to me with my questions about noise levels on their various products.

you can use their online catalog to find an OEM part or something a bit louder, http://www.walkerexhaust.com/ . you can also call them if you have additional questions. i am still debating if i want to use them on my mustang, or **** off the neighbors with hooker maxflows. i have used a walker on an older civic and it outlasted the car, i had a PT Cruiser using a the walker OEM replacement for a 2003 PT GT/turbo for slightly better flow and a hair more noise, and currently using a stock replacement walker on our 1999 caravan.
Old 03-30-2018

Thanks for the Quick reply guys.! i have been searching around online for prices on a OEM & Walker type "getting an oem from amazon" is Not any cheaper after paying shipping costs and taxes i found a few Local parts supliers around my area heres a few just to name a few, CT Tire - Napa - CarQuest out of all CarQuest was a little cheaper out of all for the Same Walker Quite Flow Muffler Part#54668 and Yes got a honda online Quote at $267.00+Tax and bolts/nuts hardware is not included.

http://torontohondaparts.com/Default.aspx

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/search...EuOEwgU09IQyJ9

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfg...rtNumber=54668

weblink.carquest.com/Weblink_2_0/login.jsp

username and password to Log into CarQuest is joecash11 for both thats carquest own log in pass for anyone to use.

I noticed in the CT Tire Picture the rear Flange is missing that bolts up to the rest of the exhaust ?? or is that Just how they
would advertise it or could need a flange welded on yikes!?... thanks- Again for the input guys.

Last edited by brags; 03-30-2018 at 04:44 PM. Reason: geting links to work
Old 03-30-2018

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Picture may be a generic picture, I would check rockauto, and thewrenchmonkey as well. I got the one for my girlfriend's car from rockauto because I was buying some other stuff as well so the shipping wasn't that bad, thewrenchmonkey was a comparable price and I think they do free shipping over $75 or something like that.
Old 03-31-2018

Originally Posted by Colin42
I put a walker muffler on my girlfriend's '99 the quality was good, sound seems to be stock.
what im running into is my Civic is a 10 Year old Civic with the original OEM muffler that needs replacing soon, as much as i would love to keep the Civic going as Long as possible i dont whant to over spend on getting a expensive Stainless steell muffler that i know will outlast the Car after its gone. Soo... im still debating on whether to get an OEM or walker or other? i been reading some mixed reviews on walker Quite flow mufflers.
Old 04-01-2018
Registered!!

rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brags
what im running into is my Civic is a 10 Year old Civic with the original OEM muffler that needs replacing soon, as much as i would love to keep the Civic going as Long as possible i dont whant to over spend on getting a expensive Stainless steell muffler that i know will outlast the Car after its gone. Soo... im still debating on whether to get an OEM or walker or other? i been reading some mixed reviews on walker Quite flow mufflers.

the Cost between both mufflers from what i see are not that significantly far apart ? there are other mufflers that are aluminum and such but they dont last i had one of these instaled on my ford escape when i owned it, and i only got a year of use before it roted out. i would settle for a stainless steel one in a heartbeat
Old 04-01-2018

sorry for not explaining too well what i really meant. So basically put there are different grades of Stainles steel for mufflers the 2 two most commonly used Grades on Stainles steel on the market used are:

- T409 (wich is Good. but not so good if You live in a heavelly salted area)

- T304 (is the Best at resisting corrosion) even in a heavellly salted area will stand up to the elements and last the life of the vehicle. also looks better from the polished crome Facts on T409 VS T304 below.

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...s/t304-vs-t409

the walker Quite Flow is T409 Grade stainless, wich im debating on wether to get it or not? or Just go oem not sure how well it can stand up to the elements in my area of Ontario Canada
Old 04-01-2018

The OEM one is still fine on my car and it's 13 years old
Old 04-01-2018

Originally Posted by Colin42
The OEM one is still fine on my car and it's 13 years old
13 Years its doing good.! Yeah thats been my Past experience with honda mufflers as well, and thats why im kinda leaning towards the OEM muffler because of that reason too. dont wanna spend the big bucks $$ getting a T304 shiny crome muffler either because its going to be "of a performance kind" & Louder than normal Not how i like it to be on a 4door Civic sedan.