Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Fuel tank pressure sensor replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maizemaizemaize is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel tank pressure sensor replacement.

Hi, I am trying to replace the fuel pressure sensor. I cant figure out how to remove the old one. There is a clip that holds it in and I cant figure out how to remove it.

Old 01-26-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fuel tank pressure sensor replacement.

Try pushing on the clip instead of pulling. IDK, maybe you have to spread out the legs of the clip on the hidden side before it will pull out.

If all else fails, remove the whole assembly from the car so you can take it apart on the workbench.
Old 01-26-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i hate plugs too. never can see where the tab to push for release is...
easy in, hard out, like eating something spiky
Old 08-14-2020
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyle Shelledy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maizemaizemaize
Hi, I am trying to replace the fuel pressure sensor. I cant figure out how to remove the old one. There is a clip that holds it in and I cant figure out how to remove it.

I am trying to replace this as well on my 2013 Si, where is this sensor located? Is it inside the pump assembly?
Old 08-14-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kyle Shelledy
Is it inside the pump assembly?
No. It's with the canister
Old 12-13-2020
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mickblock is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Fuel tank pressure sensor replacement.

Originally Posted by ezone
..maybe you have to spread out the legs of the clip on the hidden side before it will pull out.

If all else fails, remove the whole assembly from the car so you can take it apart on the workbench.
Yep I joined this forum just to verify that access to the back of the clip is required. I finally dropped and removed the whole can. Not doable from the front. Wow. I was able to use a pick to push out and to the side on just one of the legs.
I know this thread is old but I ended up here from google, and just wanted to verify this info, so others wouldn't waste their time playing around like I did!
The following users liked this post:
ezone (12-14-2020)