8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2014 civic all dash lights on D light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gadsby is an unknown quantity at this point
2014 civic all dash lights on D light flashing

Ok so here it is Question? I have a 2014 civic ex with 143000klms on it bought it brand new(lease) with the extra extended warranty 120000klms knowing I drive 1 hour each way to work(Honda manufacturing), I do car pool but my car pooler was off work for 9 months so had to drive myself. Anyway I've never heard any noises No shifting problems and lag at all. I drive to work go to leave work 9 hours later get 2 minutes down the road and BOOM!! All lights come on the dash the car starts juggling as soon as it hits 4000rpm and won't go past that!! I got it towed to a Honda dealership, they diagnose it and say it's a drive shaft sensor, they change it take the car for a drive Then boom right back to the way it was when I dropped it off. Charging me $285 for the diagnostics and driveshaft sensor change(car is no different then when it got dropped off). Know they are saying I need a new transmission! They found some metal in the fluid they say, how that is if they never drained the fluid I don't know. Would anyone have any ideas of what might be causing my issue?? It's an automatic. Because obviously the Honda dealership is not helping me Just saying I need a new transmission!!!
Old 12-05-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 civic all dash lights on D light flashing

They found some metal in the fluid they say, how that is if they never drained the fluid I don't know.
Who says they didn't drain fluid during the second diagnosis attempt?

It's a CVT transmission. If anything inside it has a problem, that trans is to be replaced.

You can question that dealership about the replacement part guess not solving the problem, and ask that they remove that charge from your bill......good luck with that.

You work for a Honda plant? I bet you can get a good deal on another car
Old 12-05-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gadsby is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2014 civic all dash lights on D light flashing

Sorry it' Not a cvt transmission and according to 3 different transmission repair shops I contacted there is always metal floating in these new transmissions.
​​​​​