8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

How much would a totaled SI be worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brittajones is an unknown quantity at this point
How much would a totaled SI be worth?

My poor SI got smashed a couple of nights ago and I’m trying to figure out the smartest thing to do if it ends up being totaled. It was smashed in the back, passenger side panel- the wheel even snapped off😢. Side airbags were deployed.
It is a 2010 with almost 120,000 miles on it. No other body or mechanical issues, other than it started burning oil a little bit faster after 100,000 mile. If the frame is bent, I know that we won’t fix it. Does anyone know how much a totaled SI might be worth in that condition? Does anyone know what they’re worth with a salvaged title? Any ideas or input is appreciated. I’m so sad about the whole thing.
Old 12-01-2017
Registered!!

310civicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How much would a totaled SI be worth?

alotta options

1.buy it from insurance company
2.fix it
3. sell it as is
4. sell the parts.
5. buy a civic with blown engine and swap to car with good title
Old 12-02-2017
Registered!!

Brittajones is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! Still waiting to find out what the adjuster says, but knowing that the side airbags deployed and the wheel actually snapped off- I’m sure it’s totaled. I’ve never totaled a car before, so it’s super scary and stressful 😢
Old 12-02-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear that. It is very scary but something that you can get through.

Someone will buy it with a salvage title just for he engine and trans to do a swap in another car. They could then part it out.

Check local prices for k20 engine and trans and maybe list for a little more then that.
Old 12-16-2017
Registered!!

Boosted Turtle is an unknown quantity at this point

If I was in your shoes I would buy back the car from insurance and do a part out. You can easily get s buyer for motor, trans , interior and spot other random parts here and there especially if you have a nice spot where you can leave the car sitting and be easily access to it then it would be easy for you to do a part out.

or

you can buy a roller civic or any other Honda that you can do a direct swap of your engine and transmission to then you can have a nice fun fast k swapped car.