8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

hydraulic jacks

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
hydraulic jacks

hello civic members I need to do my oil change soon sooo now im in the market for my very first floor jack purchase and so far im not sure on what to get as much as brand or ease of use goes with one of these floor jacks ? it will be put to work on my civic as much as possible just not sure on what is a good one to use?
Old 11-18-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: hydraulic jacks

floor clearance is a problem, so choose the one with wheels. the vertical pistons are not for our cars.

if you don't plan on lowering the car, get whichever. If you plan on lowering, look into the low profiles.

or hit a car part store and ask them their suggestion

shop jacks are not needed.
Old 11-18-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

rogerscivic I sugest getting a Jack on wheels & Don't Look for the cheapest one You find either. I have had this 2-1/2 Ton Motomaster Locking Jack (Pic below) for about 5 years now and I'm very happy with it. especially the back-up safety Locking mechanism. if ever the pressure in the hydraulic jack bottle should ever collaps it Locks itself at the cars height keeping You underneath the car Safe. until You manually unlock it Not many jacks have this Locking mechanism feature even more priceir ones.

If Your trying to lift the car from the front center its a little more tricky to do with this jack. I just use some wooden floor jacks I made there just 2 pieces of 2X10 "bottom piece is Longer" & nailed together that I put under the wheels and drive over its just for more height clearance so I can fit the jack underneath easyier.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mo...-0091059p.html
Old 11-18-2017
Registered!!

no. wont be lowering any time soon lol and Yes sdaidoji thanks! that jack brags posted aint bad ?and what lift point is in the centre I don't no about.? pinch rails are found on the undersides
Old 11-18-2017

Originally Posted by rogerscivic
no. wont be lowering any time soon lol and Yes sdaidoji thanks! that jack brags posted aint bad ?and what lift point is in the centre I don't no about.? pinch rails are found on the undersides
Yes there on the undersides and (1 is found directly underneath in front on the centre frame point) all 2006-2015 Civics have them hope this answers Your Question.? & No it Aint a bad jack at all as i mentioned what sold me on it was the Locking Mechanism & Price of purchase.

Old 11-18-2017
Registered!!

OH.. theres even a jack point on the back hook . i would of never guessed it. that spot could be used to raise the back up great youtube video thanks for posting the video & taking the time friend i been searching online for a locking jack similar to yours and can't seem to find one. I'm guessing they don't make'm anymore
Old 11-18-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

I've had this one for the past three years and it works very well so far:
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...ump-61282.html HF has sales often and that particular jack usully drops to $75.
Old 11-19-2017

while were on the Subject of Jacks mine is about 5 years old I'm thinking its about time to change the Jack"s Oil.? even though it hasn't got a ton of use. has anyone on here changed theres Yet ? and will Any "Universal one size Fits all Hydraulic Jack Oil" work for re-filling it back up ...?
Old 11-19-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brags
while were on the Subject of Jacks mine is about 5 years old I'm thinking its about time to change the Jack"s Oil.? even though it hasn't got a ton of use. has anyone on here changed theres Yet ? and will Any "Universal one size Fits all Hydraulic Jack Oil" work for re-filling it back up ...?
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 11-19-2017

Originally Posted by Megalodong
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Just wondering Are You trying to Say Hydraulic Jack Oil is Lifetime Fluid.?

I take care of my stuff. so i would like too see it Last a Long time it works

flawlessly but if I don't have to change it then i won't.
Old 11-19-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

i never changed oil on them - oldest is about 15 years
Old 11-19-2017
Registered!!

got me a 3 ton big red floor jack today at princes auto for 100.00 bucks used it today to do my oil change works like a charm.
Old 11-19-2017

Originally Posted by rogerscivic
got me a 3 ton big red floor jack today at princes auto for 100.00 bucks used it today to do my oil change works
like a charm.
Congrats...! that"s actually a decent price for a 3 Ton Jack.
Old 11-19-2017

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
i never changed oil on them - oldest is about 15 years

Right i have read online mixed reviews on changing Jack oil the majority seem to say leave it alone. So thats what I'm doing