8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Just bought a 2006 Si!! Have some questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icebrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Just bought a 2006 Si!! Have some questions!!

Car came without floor mats, I was thinking some all-weather mats. Can you guys lend a hand in giving suggestions? I just need something high quality, it does not have to say 'Civic' or 'Si' on it as they tend to be a bit pricey, but if they do, that's fine too.

The CD player seems to be jammed. We stuck a CD in it and now it won't eject. It just clicks mechanically for a few seconds. Does this need to be replaced or can I pull apart the dash and attempt a DIY fix on the player itself?

Also the fog light lens seem to have quite a bit of heat damage, they look melted (see thumbnail)! Is this normal or did the previous owner use bulbs that were high-beam high-watt? Also what do you guys suggest I replace them with? Just OEM stuff off amazon?

Thank you for reading!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_161527.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	111721  
Old 10-21-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just bought a 2006 Si!! Have some questions!!

Weathertech mats

CD....If you want to strip the radio out and apart you might be able to get your CD back. If you want it repaired (do NOT take it apart yourself) it could be sent in through a Honda dealer parts department or see if you have a local radio repair shop that can handle it...or google search Clarion radio repair (I think it's made by Clarion)

Did you check what bulbs are in the foglights now? Is it incorrect?
Genuine Honda fogs took H11 bulbs according to a parts catalog
Old 10-22-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen Weathertech Floor Mats Great Mats..! Only thing i don't like about
them is the Hefty Purchase Price i Got a set of 4 heavy duty Michelin
Floor Mats ( PIC is down below) that i bought about 4 years ago at Costco that
still Look New "No tears or rips in them so far holding up very well" they are

made very tough and rugged to say the Least. what i also like about them is they
have a deep foot well area that can hold a lot of water. comes in handy for winters melting snow...

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mi...FQzHwAod4TgFIA
Old 10-23-2017
Here for the food

teezyyoxo is an unknown quantity at this point

speaking of floor mats...

do all gen8 civics have the throttle pedal mounted on the floor? or is it just coupes? or is it just a canadian civic thing? i obviously haven't driven many civics lol. i bought some generic floor mats some months ago and didn't realize i had to trim the driver side one for it to fit because of the throttle pedal being in the way until i got them and saw that... well, the pedal was in the way lmao. swear i thought it was only a german car thing tho
Old 10-23-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

do all gen8 civics have the throttle pedal mounted on the floor?
Floor as opposed to what, the roof?

Yes they are all assembled basically the same. If you got generic mats you probably have to do some generic trimming to make it work.
My generic rubber mat has to be kept pulled to the left or else it gets under the gas pedal.
Old 10-23-2017
Here for the food

teezyyoxo is an unknown quantity at this point

no the tires themselves, LOL
like for example, my Accord's throttle pedal is "suspended", and i can slide something underneath/beneath it. the civic's is set on the floor, so the mat i have can cover the pedal instead of going underneath or behind it. it's weird lol. anywho i did find some non-OEM mats on eBay that appear to already be properly cut/fitted for about 35 bucks, and they also have the mount cutouts (the holes at the back so they can be pinned to the floor with the factory mount things). i may order them soon. i really only need the driver one; the other mats are a perfect fit.