8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Honda civic 2010 accident estimate

Old 10-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bsandhu4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda civic 2010 accident estimate

Hi there what do you think this would cost to fix replace all these parts. The door is smashed and the driver side window is alone gone ' the front fender perhaps the bumper. Thanks for your help
Old 10-02-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Honda civic 2010 accident estimate

Probably totaled. Wouldn't be surprised if there is frame or strut tower damage. Get a few professional estimates but my guess is an insurance company would declare it totaled.
Old 10-02-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bsandhu4 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmmm when is a car totaled? since i didnt have collision coverage i have to wait for a police report then file for an insurance claim since it wasnt my fault. but i think these damages cant be worth 7 grand CAD which is what i bought it for.
Old 10-02-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

See a few bodyshops for estimates..

Your insurance probably should be notified there was an accident anyway, even if it's not your fault. They can go after the other persons insurance company if problems arise

Totaled....usually depends on cost to repair vs. value of the car,... usually has some % limit (NOT what you paid for it)
See your insurance agent with questions and ask for helpful advice.
Old 10-02-2017

Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bsandhu4
i think these damages cant be worth 7 grand CAD which is what i bought it for.
As long as it's determined you're not at fault and the person who caused the accident has liability insurance you should be fine. However, it's really not up to you at this point to whether it's determined as totaled or not..it's up to the other driver's insurance company (specifically: claims adjuster). It's easier ( possibly cheaper) for them to stroke you a check for the NADA or Kelley Blue book value on your car than repair it.

The external damage you see on your car doesn't determine the extent to rest of it. Impact damages can spread far beyond what you can see from the outside. Check out the book values of your car based on mileage and prior (to accident) condition. If any mods were installed (such as upgraded rims) then the adjuster should account for that too. If the tires are new or very good condition then that should increase the value as well.

Be proactive and find any/all receipts for recently performed work, tires, etc.
Go to a doctor within the first two weeks of the accident even if you don't feel pain. If the claims adjuster under values your car then remind him/her that you may file for injury or doctor''s/ER reimbursement. Call a lawyer..most will give you a free consultation. As Ezone stated: notify your insurance and let your insurance company's attorneys and the at-fault driver's insurance lawyers hash it out.
Old 10-02-2017

You should be entitled to a paid-for or allotted daily amount rental car through the at-fault driver's or possibly your insurance. Of course rentals come with a risk of their own. May want to look into additional insurance through a rental agency if you go that route.
Old 10-02-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalodong
You should be entitled to a paid-for or allotted daily amount rental car through the at-fault driver's
That might only be possible if the other person has rental car clause (or whatever it's called) on their insurance coverage. OP already said he's didnt have collision coverage (I assume it does have liability coverage?)

When my GF got rear ended in the Fit, the other person had rental on their plan so she got to drive a rental car for about 3 days while hers was getting fixed. That's the only way she would have gotten a 'free' rental car, because her Fit only has liability coverage.
Old 10-02-2017

Originally Posted by ezone
That might only be possible if the other person has rental car clause (or whatever it's called) on their insurance coverage.
That looks to be correct..just found this on Google:

"If your car is totaled, many companies will pay for your rental as a courtesy, but they are not required to do so. If you are filing a claim with your own insurance company, the cost of a rental car will only be covered if you paid a premium to include rental reimbursement coverage in your policy."
Old 10-03-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just wondering how the canadian and US insurances are similar or different...

i remember it felt different, but never looked into details
Old 10-03-2017
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bsandhu4
hmmmm when is a car totaled? since i didnt have collision coverage i have to wait for a police report then file for an insurance claim since it wasnt my fault. but i think these damages cant be worth 7 grand CAD which is what i bought it for.
I agree theres easily a few thousand on parts & Labour costs. and that's

using "CAPA" aftermarket parts for the fix" it really depends on if the

Damage exceeds the value of Your 2010 Civic...? If you have upset collision

coverage on Your insurance they should give you a rental to get around to

and from work in the mean time. main thing is Your OK

and here to tell Your story. Keep us Posted on the outcome cheers

Search this Thread