8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Fixed My Sun Visor!

Old 09-12-2017
Here for the food

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teezyyoxo is an unknown quantity at this point
Fixed My Sun Visor!

Just sharing another one of my small successes. When I got the car, it was victim to the well-known sun visor issue (where it'd flop open and refuse to stay closed). I used a binder clip and a $15 waste of a "honda civic visor clip" off eBay to help keep it closed, and somehow it would actually stay closed... until my annoying brother would hop in the car and open it every single time lol.

After watching and analyzing David Sweeney's video on YouTube a few times, I decided to give it a shot and it worked out in my favor!

One major difference between my visor and his - and most others' - is that the pivot post/arm was inverted 180°, and not properly latched; which would explain most of why the issue occurs... I reckon the other bit is poor design on Honda's part. But it's ok, Honda. I still luv u

I took the post out of the visor and also saw there was some sort of a thing (lol) that looked like it's supposed to sit in between the teeth of the post... so I rotated just the black metal part 180°, "gently" put it back together, drilled holes (1/4" bit) - one roughly a 1/4" from the edge, and one a few inches away in the center... this I think you can wing under your own discretion but definitely don't drill through or on the post - and screwed in the Hillman screws + posts, put it back on the car and voila *fist pump* y'all, it opens, closes, and STAYS closed!!!
I'm so sad I didn't bother taking "before" pictures, but y'all get the gist I hope lol. My drill work isn't as clean as David Sweeney's, but it sure got the job done and that's all I care about.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo180.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	111640   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo853.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	111641   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo811.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	111642   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo984.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	111643   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo293.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	111644  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo860.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	111645  
Old 09-12-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fixed My Sun Visor!

Looks good!

I saw this on a car that rolled into the shop some time back

Name:  fkqICCC.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  1.37 MB
Old 09-12-2017
Here for the food

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teezyyoxo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fixed My Sun Visor!

Haha, thanks, ezone!