8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Mystery p0055 code

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bgbbgb246 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mystery p0055 code

I have a 2008 hand a civic with no mods other than a new stock engine because the old one ran itself out of oil. The car runs good other than it occasionally throws a p0055 code which has to do with the bank one sensor 3 o2 sensor. The issue is there are only 2 o2 sensors on the whole exhaust so it has me stumped. Along with the p0055 it throws a misfire code and and a manufacturer control code. Is sensor 3 for any reason just the second o2 sensor after the cat?
Old 07-21-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mystery p0055 code

Is your Civic a hybrid?

Is the code P0055 accurate?
It did not come up in my search under 2008 Powertrain codes, neither regular Civic nor Hybrid.
Looks like that number shouldn't even exist for that car.

Better check again using a couple completely different scanners before you dive into the wrong things.

What other codes does it have?
Old 07-22-2017
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply. It is not a hybrid. Just the regular 1.8 civic. The code reader idea seems to be a good one though. My code reader is pretty cheap. I suppose I'll try that and get back to you
Old 07-22-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

OP: read please.. http://p0055.enginefaultcode.com/honda-civic
Old 07-22-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Megalodong
I found this earlier although it seemed to look right it didn't seem to be super helpful at giving me any hints into a repair
Old 07-22-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

P0055 does not apply to the OPs car. The code reader is wrong.
Old 07-22-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
A different code reader is sounding like the key to my solution. Thanks all
Old 07-22-2017

Originally Posted by bgbbgb246
A different code reader is sounding like the key to my solution. Thanks all
Getting accurate codes is just the starting point.

Getting a bunch of wrong codes will make you feel like Wile. E. Coyote holding up a sign
Old 07-22-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ezone
Yes..it's reading a universal/generic code as you told him. I should have prefaced that before the link. This is what it states at the bottom of that read:
"BE CAREFUL !
This engine code information is presented for information purposes only. This is not intended as repair advice and we are not responsible for any actions you take on any vehicle."