8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2009 LX A/C not as cold as it should be

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bgriffin184 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool 2009 LX A/C not as cold as it should be

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and I would appreciate some advice /help. I recently bought a 2009 Civic LX. During the test drive and on the way home the A/c worked well. However, after a few days, I'm noticing the temp is not as cold as it should be. The air is coolish, but not cold. I checked the fans and compressor clutch with the a/c on and off. The clutch seems to engage and the compressor fan runs when the AC is turned on. I checked the low pressure side and was dead in the middle of the scale 45 psi @ 90+ degrees outside temp. Unfortunately, I don't have the equipment to check the high pressure line. I've read some of the posts on the forum but I haven't done an exhaustive search.

I would appreciate any advice for further diagnosis or suggestions of other posts to read/review.

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2009 LX A/C not as cold as it should be

Take it back to the place that sold it to you, see if they will fix it