8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2006 Civic with 54,000 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedition is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Civic with 54,000 Miles

Hi All,

Just bought a "New to Me" civic. I'm pretty excited, and I just wanted to share my excitement with like-minded folks.

It's a 2006 civic, but it only has $54,000 miles on it. When I first saw the advertisement, I thought it was some sort of a odometer rollback scam, but I decided to check it out anyway.

After meeting the seller, the story checks out for a number of reasons:
  • The family is moving out of the country, so they're selling their cars and house. They had an "Under Contract" real estate sign on their front yard.
  • The wife, who predominantly drove the civic, is afraid to drive on highways. So her daily drive is basically dropping off the kids at school and back. She drove 5,000 miles per year.
  • The seller had the car fax report ready. Everything seemed to make sense on it.
  • He had impeccable maintenance records. Every friggin' oil change / servicing was documented. I've never seen anything like it.
  • On the test drive, it just felt like a newer car. Everything was nice and tight. Neither the pedals nor steering wheel felt loose or sloppy.

It's in really great shape, at a reasonable price. Basically, all other civics that I had looked at in my price range exceeded 125k or 150k miles.

I'm super happy, and I just wanted to share my excitement.

I guess the only real dilemma now, is to decide if I'm going to mod it at all. Nicer rims would be nice. Maybe a grille / front bumper kit would be interesting. But then again, I part of me is perfectly happy with stock everything.