8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Should I get this Civic Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dham402 is an unknown quantity at this point
Should I get this Civic Hybrid?

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/6067577321.html

Any idea what the issue would be here? Thinking about seeing if they would go as low as $1500 and then paying to have it fixed. Hoping they have a receipt of what work was done with the battery. Thinking it probably wasn't a Honda dealership that did the work.

Description:
Honda Civic 07 hybrid. Has 97k miles. Good tires and well maintained inside and out. Clean title. Runs well and all but the hybrid does not function. The hybrid battery is new. In the cluster it shows IMA and to check engine light. It has an electric problem but it runs normal and does not has any other issues. At the dealer they told me it was a cord but they don't not which one if you take it to a good electronic mechanic they can find out. $3,300 or best offer.
Old 03-31-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Should I get this Civic Hybrid?

Can the seller provide documentation on the battery? How new is it?

Is the IMA battery from Honda, installed by a Honda dealership, and has a warranty? (seller had it at "the dealer" to be looked at for the problem or something, yes?)

Or is it an aftermarket battery as you suspect, installed by MrGoodpliers, with no warranty?

Do you have a friend with an exactly identical car that works correctly, who will let you rob parts for test purposes? (best option LOL)

At the dealer they told me it was a cord but they don't not which one

if you take it to a good electronic mechanic they can find out.
These two lines are comedy GOLD!

I can't tell you if you should buy it or not. Just because of the huge unknown expense factor it's a huge risk, even if it were free.
What is the car worth if it were in perfect health?
Old 04-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Should I get this Civic Hybrid?

Looks to me like they had a local garage do the battery install and they probably used a battery from a wrecked car that has been sitting. Those batteries don't like sitting around and go bad if there not used much.. I had a 2000 Honda insight so I know a lil about them..