8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2012 civic sedan mirror and window issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chuck Kittredge is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 civic sedan mirror and window issues

we have a 2012 civic sedan ex that we just noticed the passenger side power mirror does not work...I checked the fuses and non look blown........any ideas or help would be appreciated...thanks...hate to go to the dealer for this....did not find a fuse for the mirror but the driver side does work so it is not that.....

Last edited by Chuck Kittredge; 03-10-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-10-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 civic sedan mirror and window issues

I'd remove the pass. door panel and check the wiring for the mirror. Hopefully it's just unplugged and simple to connect. I've seen where someone drapes the wires in the wrong place and the window then damages the wiring.

Make sure the harness routes in front of the window track and the window can't hurt it when it moves.
Old 03-11-2017
Registered!!

thanks for the reply...I will try and look at that this weekend. We just had the car in a body shop to repair front right deer damage but there would have been no reason to do anything with the pass door. I may call and ask them about it just in case. Hopefully just a loose wire...there is no motor sound or anything and the driver side works fine...
Old 03-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Power window works, I assume?
Old 03-11-2017
Registered!!

Yes the windows are fine....my initial subject included the one window but found it was just really stuck shut....still trying to get the mirror working....not an emergency since it does not need to be adjusted much