8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Honda Civic 2007 EX VTEC oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohnnyBxo is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic 2007 EX VTEC oil leak

Hello all,

Here is my VTEC on my 2007 Honda Civic. Notice how it's leaking oil from the top of the VTEC. Many months ago I replaced the VTEC to engine gasket/seal (the one with a metal basket in it) thinking the leak was from there. It turns out the leak is coming from the top of the VTEC. I have seen other gaskets sold for the top of other Honda VTECs, but not for this particular model. Or am I just missing it? I can't seem to find a part number and I don't want to take it apart until I can order gaskets/seals if available. I'm hoping to avoid buying a replacement VTEC as this one is still functioning, just leaking oil. Does anyone know if the seals are replaceable and possibly the part number for those? Thanks in advance!

Jonathan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9738.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	89576  
Old 03-03-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Civic 2007 EX VTEC oil leak

I have seen other gaskets sold for the top of other Honda VTECs, but not for this particular model. Or am I just missing it? I can't seem to find a part number and I don't want to take it apart until I can order gaskets/seals if available.
I have not found any in the Honda catalog. Pretty sure that one uses a rectangular cut O ring that's not the same as used on previous generations.

You might pull it apart and take the gasket to a hydraulic supply store or rubber products supply store and see if they have any suitable replacement choices....hopefully made of a material that's suitable for use with engine oils.
Old 03-03-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohnnyBxo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Honda Civic 2007 EX VTEC oil leak

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for your help, ezone!