8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

A weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mattandsuch is an unknown quantity at this point
A weird problem

Hey everyone! First post!

So a few months back I was on my way to go hiking in the mountains. I have a 2010 Civic 95k on it (I drive a lot). I have had no issues with it. I change the oil, the belt, really keep up with maintenance. I have had zero issues with it.

So I am about an hour, or two on the road and all the sudden the check engine light comes on and I start to lose power. I am pretty sure it's missing cylinders. I pull over, turn off the car. Check everything over. Nothing to see, turn the car back on, engine light is off, running fine.

I don't want to chance it, so I head back. On my way the light comes back on, but the car runs like it's normal. I use the little autozone computer, says multiple missing cylinders.

I swap out all the plugs. Light goes off. For about a month I watch it, but the light never comes back on.

Then I am on my way back to the mountains one weekend, SAME thing. Light comes on, power gone. Turn it off, runs fine, but light stays on. Get back, let it sit, (put in some injection cleaner) light goes off and the next month it runs like normal.

A few weeks after that I get about 2 hours out, stop, hike, no light. No problem. On my way back, about fifteen minutes into the trip it starts again. I turn off the car, turn it back on, light goes out, car runs fine, except the light that stays on, until I let it sit for awhile. I change the coil packs this time.

It's now been a few weeks going to and from work, or the store, no issues, no lights, nothing. The only time I see the light is on a long trip it seems.

Anyone else seen this? Any fix?