8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Help - new civic hatchback owner with 2 issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steinfamily01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help - new civic hatchback owner with 2 issues

Hi.

I just bought a 2011 Civic Hatchback (1.8 petrol) automatic

i have 2 issues;

1. The main LCD display in the center of the dashboard, sometimes its fine and other times, only half characters show (see pict here; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwd...ew?usp=sharing)

2. Window washer fluid - doesnt come out even when fluid tank is full. i took it for service, they unclogged it and it was working for 1 day, the next day, its blocked and not working again. i hear the noise when i pull the leaver but no water comes out .... weird?

any thoughts / can you point me in the right direction?

cheers

Ryan
Old 11-28-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help - new civic hatchback owner with 2 issues

Originally Posted by steinfamily01
Hi.

I just bought a 2011 Civic Hatchback (1.8 petrol) automatic

i have 2 issues;

1. The main LCD display in the center of the dashboard, sometimes its fine and other times, only half characters show (see pict here; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwd...ew?usp=sharing)

Looks like it's gonna need a new display.

2. Window washer fluid - doesnt come out even when fluid tank is full. i took it for service, they unclogged it and it was working for 1 day, the next day, its blocked and not working again. i hear the noise when i pull the leaver but no water comes out .... weird?

any thoughts / can you point me in the right direction?

cheers

Ryan
They didn't fix it? Return to the service center.
Old 12-01-2016
Registered!!

ezone - thanks, taking it back for them to look at again.

re the LCD, im not sure if its the screen because there can be days where its normal and then days where its strange ... could it be a wiring issue?
Old 12-01-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steinfamily01
ezone - thanks, taking it back for them to look at again.

re the LCD, im not sure if its the screen because there can be days where its normal and then days where its strange ... could it be a wiring issue?
If the entire display had quit, then I'd say wiring might be suspect, but yours has just lost parts of the display.

The power/ground and data are still working on the board, but poor or open junctions between the board and layers of glass is probably causing the issue you see with just parts of the display affected.

The display would probably change (work correctly, or not) if you could apply pressure directly to the inner screen. I don't know if you've ever messed with issues like that on other LCD displays, but as a general thing it's a pretty common type of failure.

Getting someone else to believe it may be a problem if it isn't acting up when they check it.
Old 12-21-2016
Registered!!

they seem to have fixed both issues for me

appreciate the help!
Old 03-15-2018
Registered!!

Hi again,

So the original LCD issue is back (main LCD display in the center of the dashboard, sometimes its fine and other times, only half characters show) and makes me think i need to replace the screen.

Can someone help me work out what the part number would be, the mechanic is cant seem to find it as its not a common part to go...

You can see the issue here; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OZ7...ew?usp=sharing
Old 03-16-2018

In your country, you probably need to find a Honda dealer for a new unit (or possibly refurbished unit, if that's available) or a recycle yard for a used unit

This is one of the parts catalogs I found for UK, I don't know if it will cover your car and country

https://www.parts-honda.uk/