8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

New airbag recall on 2010 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSing is an unknown quantity at this point
New airbag recall on 2010 Civic

We just received a recall notice on the front passenger airbag of our 2010 Civic. The replacement parts will not be available until some time in the fall. Meanwhile, no one is supposed to sit in the passenger seat. Is there a way to disable the airbag so that a passenger can safely ride there until the repair can be made?
Old 07-28-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New airbag recall on 2010 Civic

Go to your dealership and get your car on the ordering list, the replacement part may arrive much quicker than you were told.

If you really do have to wait, ask the dealer to unplug or disconnect that airbag until the replacement part arrives.
After repairs, the code information should be erased from the memory of the control unit.

You could flop the glovebox wide open (same way one would open it to replace the cabin filter, squeeze the sides inward to bypass the stoppers), locate the bright yellow airbag connector and disconnect it.
Old 07-28-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ezone

You could flop the glovebox wide open (same way one would open it to replace the cabin filter, squeeze the sides inward to bypass the stoppers), locate the bright yellow airbag connector and disconnect it.
Why won't the dealer do that? Is there not some kind of executive power for Takahiro Hachigo to let them?

Way back when this first hit, I called the Honda hot line for my 05CRV and within a months, mine driver side was replaced. Since been replaced again and now once for the passenger.
Checked this for my 2007 Civic EX Coupe , SOB, it on my passenger side too. Now I have to tell my grandson to have his girlfriend sit in the back or keep low.. ..

If I disconnect it, will it light up the dash? Will code go away or they charge me to reset it. Should I disconnect it? Is the drivers side next?

Last edited by RIPSAW; 07-28-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
Why won't the dealer do that? Is there not some kind of executive power for Takahiro Hachigo to let them?
Liability and lawyers. Think about that for a minute LOL
Way back when this first hit, I called the Honda hot line for my 05CRV and within a months, mine driver side was replaced. Since been replaced again and now once for the passenger.
Checked this for my 2007 Civic EX Coupe , SOB, it on my passenger side too.
Yes many cars have had the inflators inspected and replaced multiple times, I wonder if the eventual goal is to eliminate the name Takata altogether and replace with any other brand that people won't automatically fear.

01-11 Civic are included in the airbag recalls, among many other years and models of Hondas.
Several Honda models all the way up to 2014 are under the recall, and one model up to 2015. My service manager drives a 14 Ridgeline, it's included in the recalls.

Now I have to tell my grandson to have his girlfriend sit in the back or keep low.. ..
Mental image......
If I disconnect it, will it light up the dash? Will code go away or they charge me to reset it. Should I disconnect it? Is the drivers side next?
Definitely
Maybe, maybe
If you wish (what, are ya scared??)
I ain't got a clue what they might decide to include next.

I just hate that there are what, 39 OTHER car manufacturer names affected by this recall with a bazillion more cars and owners affected, and it seems like every time it's mentioned on the national network news they hang the Honda H logo on screen as if to tell the world we are the only brand with the problem.

LINK:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/massive...cted-vehicles/