8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Exhaust and other performance mod questions

Old 03-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jordan Flores is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust and other performance mod questions

I have a 2006 Civic EX Sedan. As far as performance and exterior mods go, my car is bone stock. I am looking at replacing my exhaust system in the near future. I am wondering if its at all possible to buy a Civic Si exhaust. The reason being, there just aren't very many exhaust systems out there for my 1.8. Flowmaster used to have one but it has been discontinued. Will an exhaust for the Si still fit my car? Do I have to replace my catalytic converter too? The only exhaust system I have seen that would work is the Full Race 3 inch system. It will work with the R18 engine, and if I eventually swap my engine, there is a convertor I can buy to fit it. My only problem is that I dont want my car to sound like a fart can.

And so in light of that info, what is a good brand for new race headers? Is Invidia or Skunk2 good? I realize I have lots of questions. I dont know a ton about cars, just enough to not look totally stupid. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-15-2016
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Exhaust and other performance mod questions

I don't know much about the 8th gen civic but fitting the Si muffler could probably be done by a muffler shop. They can custom fit a lot of stuff. If you want from the headers back they could also custom make you one (for cheaper then you might think).

I am partial to DC Sports headers.
Old 04-18-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaysunhong is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Exhaust and other performance mod questions

I have installed my friend's 2008 Si stock axleback exhaust on my 2006 FG1 long time ago and it definitely did not fit perfectly. There definitely was exhaust leak and if you wanted to go with the Si exhaust then you would have to get it custom welded by a shop.

As for not having many options for our R18's, here's a video clip of my N1 Type CBE if you're still exploring options: