8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

service records

Old 12-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
service records

The papers i received with my civic show oil and filter was changed and 5 quarts oil and 1 quart zmax stuff put in. I check the dipstick and it's hard to tell where the level is on the orange stick. I used an old dipstick i had laying around and compared to the orange one from car and it's in middle of crosshatch area.

invoice shows 5 0W20B Quaker state Synth

lof drained and refilled oil. replaced drain plug gasket and oil filter. added zmax to vehicle

There's no customer name so It looks to me like it was done after they took it in on trade I guess? is this how they just write it up??
Old 12-27-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: service records

What's your question?
Did you ask the service department that performed the work?

The engine does not hold 5 quarts during an oil change, nor should any additive be used.

The service department may be using 'canned jobs' when creating a work order, thus the blanket use of the 5 quart amount. Our (the shop I work at) oil change job wording says something like 'up to 5 quarts' on the work orders regardless of how much oil the engine needs.

The orange dipstick kinda sucks, it can be quite hard to determine where the level is when you have fresh clean oil in the engine. Did you compare the length of the extra dipstick vs original to make sure of what you read?

I have a length of coat hanger ("calibrated length") with a flattened out end and scored hi-lo marks, painted white for clarity, that I sometimes use as a dipstick on this engine.
Old 12-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: service records

It was a broken piece of an old one i laid side by side to see where to hold where it was seated. i'll measure orange one and see about something a lil better "calibrated"

i just wanted to know if that just how some places word there work orders. i'll be doing my own oil changes so that'll be the last time anything but oil goes in it now.