8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Dash cluster issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
charmon4815 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I was driving to work this morning and my speedometer, tach, engine temp and gas milage all 0'd out, Milage went to ----- and the battery light came on.... drove fine, got to work no major issues other than it would pop on and then off again. Dash cluster still lit up with all the lights, just no info being given

The fuse box is missing from the internal fuse box (was missing when I bought the car a while back) so I dont know what fuses to check and not sure which wireing harness to check either...... Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you!

EDIT::: I double posted this by mistake and I cant figure out how to delete the dang thing im sorry

Last edited by charmon4815; 11-30-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: double posted
Old 11-30-2015
Registered!!

This Morning while driving to work my speedometer, tach, gas milage, and engine temp all 0'd out.... The milage went to ----. All the lights stayed lit and the gas gauge worked normally. It would periodically start working (and show the battery light) and then kick back to not showing any data .

I know my IMA is on its last leg, but was advised by my local dealer ship that the car would continue to function but without the IMA assistance

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2015
Registered!!

Mikeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Dash cluster issue

Check the condition of your 12 volt battery.
Old 11-30-2015
Registered!!

Battery tested good
Old 11-30-2015
Registered!!

Got it home and tested a few things and noticed a few more.

nothing registered but lights stay lit.

If I rev the engine in neutral, the lights get brighter, dome and headlights, the tac starts to work the milage and engine heat come back up, when I put the car in gear after a few moments of going in reverse it all goes back to crap. if I put it in reverse and rev the engine again, the samething happens. Its almost like the 12v battery isnt charging but I dont know enough about hybrids to know how all that works
Old 11-30-2015
Registered!!

went ahead and completely swapped the conventional battery and same results
Old 12-01-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda sounded like one of the communication networks is going down.....or something is taking it down electronically.
Old 12-02-2015
Registered!!

Ezone you couldn't be more correct sir, well done ::applause:: took it to the dealership yesterday and they said a part in the back shorted out . Apparently I have a leak in my trunk.... found the leak advised me to go get that fixed and then he would replace the part causing the communication issue. Thank you for the advice all!
Old 12-02-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

There's a harness connector under the back seat bottom cushion, on the passengers side, that contains MANY wires.....if that gets wet all sorts of strange stuff could happen. MANY different possible faults as there are many different circuits in the connector.

Did they point out where the water leak originated at? Post a pic if you can see it.
Old 12-03-2015
Registered!!

I took it to the body shop today and it was coming in through leaks by the tail lights due to bad metal work when it was in an accident and the back glass had a pretty horrid seal so they are going to reseal it today and I get it back on Monday.

then I take it back to the dealership on Tuesday and he is going to repull codes and get with the Honda tech department to figure out which circut is causing the fault and get it replaced? Any idea what it runs to have something like that replaced?
Old 12-03-2015

Probably will inspect the wires and terminals for corrosion damage first

then if in fair condition, blow out all the water and moisture from the wiring and connector and the general area

and .......if it were me I would pack the connector and terminals with dielectric silicone grease to make it water resistant.

Price? Whatever they want to charge.
Old 12-04-2015
Registered!!

Thanks, they said somebody about having to replace a module once the leak is fixed I might try blowing it out myself since I know exactly where you are talking about. Appreciate the advice and the link

Last edited by charmon4815; 12-04-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 12-04-2015

I've only seen one of the cars with a problem in that connector under the seat but I've heard some stories about it. I could not locate any water leakage in the one car I dealt with and the underseat area was dry to the touch when I got into it.

I have no idea where your back window water leakage could have gotten into, and there are a lot of electronics stuffed between the seat and the trunk.

You could remove the upper seatback and pull the safety panel off of the IMA area and look for signs of other water entry to major electronic components, but you better flip OFF the big main switch on the battery pack and observe all the standard high voltage safety precautions.

Or just go to the connector you know about and see if that fixes your symptoms before digging deeper.