8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Sold '99 EX, bought '12 LX

Old 11-09-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atarian is an unknown quantity at this point
Sold '99 EX, bought '12 LX

I had my 1999 EX 5-speed since new - well, it was my wife's car. Unfortunately I rear-ended an SUV's trailer hitch (no damage to them, cosmetic damage to the tune of $3700 to the Civic) so we decided it was time for a new-er car for her. She sits in a lot of traffic so an auto made sense, and this one has the 5-speed auto vice the CVT. (Dunno about here but there's not a lot of respect for the CVT on the DriveAccord forum).

2012 LX auto, all dealer serviced, perhaps over-serviced, with receipts. 27k miles. A couple of rock chips but otherwise pretty near new. $11k from a friend at work. Seems like a good deal, and seems like a really nice car. Burgundy with tan interior which I love compared to the all black in my '13 Accord V6.

Is there anything I should be aware of with the year/model? I've got the oil and filter for a change on Wednesday (Mobil 1 0W-20 Extended Performance), plus the air filter and cabin filter. Trans was done at 15k at the dealer. Tires were rotated every oil change at 4000 miles - all of this on the print-out from the dealer. Previous owner had one of those dealer service deals.

Am I missing anything? I know the brake fluid flush is recommended every three years but it's a nice golden color, I think I'm good on coolant.

Suggestions appreciated.
Old 11-09-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sold '99 EX, bought '12 LX

Cool beans! LOL

Got service receipts?
See if the IMID was updated for the odometer and mileage info disappearing (all 12 LX and HF Civics)
See if the PCM got updated for the charging system and/or no start (early '12 cars)

Ready to put a backup camera in it? I did, it works just like a 13, displays in the IMID screen.

Search this Thread