06 civic catback - Honda Civic Forum

8th & 9th Generation Civic In the years from 2006 to 2015 Honda released its 8th & 9th Generation Civic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2015   #1
Registered!!

Stussey21 is an unknown quantity at this point
06 civic catback

I recently ordered and exhaust system and was looking at a few videos but could find an instillation video for my car, only the si, so my question is do I have a cat under the body of my car or is the one under the hood the only one I have
Stussey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015   #2
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: 06 civic catback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stussey21 View Post
I recently ordered and exhaust system and was looking at a few videos but could find an instillation video for my car, only the si, so my question is do I have a cat under the body of my car or is the one under the hood the only one I have
I am trying to put this as gently as possible...

Look under your car/hood and see where the cat is. If you cannot do that, then you should hire someone else to install it.
Mad Dog Tannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015   #3
Registered!!

I know where my cat is...my question was do I have two? Because I was doing some research and people were talking about sensors in their cats and as far as I know I don't have a sensor.
Old 10-22-2015   #4
May contain disturbing content

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

On an 06 R engine the cat is hanging on the front of the engine. That's the only cat.
You have two O2 sensors, one above the cat and the other below the cat.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015   #5
Registered!!

Thank you,
Old 10-23-2015   #6
Registered!!

What do the sensors look like and should I remove them before installing the cat back
Old 10-23-2015   #7
May contain disturbing content

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stussey21 View Post
What do the sensors look like and should I remove them before installing the cat back
Basic diagram of the cat and sensors

You should not have to touch the sensors at all.
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote