What Do You Suggest I Do? - Honda Civic Forum

8th & 9th Generation Civic In the years from 2006 to 2015 Honda released its 8th & 9th Generation Civic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2015   #1
Registered!!

Chris Rochon is an unknown quantity at this point
What Do You Suggest I Do?

So, I'm 16 and bought myself a 2011 Honda Civic Sedan (DXG) stock. Now I wish I had of gotten an SI but for the place i'm located I could not of travelled to get it so I bought locally. What would you all suggest I do with my car? I do not wish to rice it out, I just want to make it look good! tinted windows, rims, etc. But engine and performance wise I'm oblivious. I see videos on youtube people with cold air intakes. superchargers, etc, but I have no knowledge in that type of work.
What should I do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12000138_1220087918008192_1141669010_n.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	88166   Click image for larger version

Name:	12048622_1220087934674857_404024188_n.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	88167   Click image for larger version

Name:	12053136_1220087928008191_685601010_n.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	88168   Click image for larger version

Name:	88fc4dc6dc03111f2e730b418fdb7f89.png
Views:	50
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	88189  

Last edited by Chris Rochon; 10-12-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Chris Rochon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015   #2
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: What Do You Suggest I Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rochon View Post
So, I'm 16 and bought myself a 2011 Honda Civic Sedan (DXG) stock. Now I wish I had of gotten an SI but for the place i'm located I could not of travelled to get it so I bought locally. What would you all suggest I do with my car? I do not wish to rice it out, I just want to make it look good! tinted windows, rims, etc. But engine and performance wise I'm oblivious. I see videos on youtube people with cold air intakes. superchargers, etc, but I have no knowledge in that type of work.
What should I do?
Welcome. It looks like a great car as is, I wouldn't change a thing.
Mad Dog Tannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015   #3
Registered!!

shadowfist is an unknown quantity at this point

^ what he said. car looks great (manual :-D good work), drive it for a year or two and buy something more sporty like the Si once you have more finances and such. for the amount that you could dump into this car upping the performance you could have gotten an Si. just sit tight, watch for a good deal and learn a thing or two about wrenching your own car. and know a good deal when you see it.

just my 2 cents.
shadowfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015   #4
Registered!!

Cold air intake maybe?
Old 10-09-2015   #5
Registered!!

Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What should I do?
Welcome and yes as said before it is a great car if you want to do something stick to factory oem accessories such as HFP suspension, Honda body kits, factory HFP wheels etc it will cost some $$ but do one thing at a time. I would suggest to keep away from cold air intakes as they do not add much power to it in the first place search ebay and other sites for parts and accessories and trust me you will love it as oem accessories really flow well with the car. Hope this help.
Pier7866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015   #6
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier7866 View Post
Welcome and yes as said before it is a great car if you want to do something stick to factory oem accessories such as HFP suspension, Honda body kits, factory HFP wheels etc it will cost some $$ but do one thing at a time. I would suggest to keep away from cold air intakes as they do not add much power to it in the first place search ebay and other sites for parts and accessories and trust me you will love it as oem accessories really flow well with the car. Hope this help.

What type of body kits? link?
Old 10-13-2015   #7
Registered!!

Pier7866 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What type of body kits? link?
Those cars also did have HFP body kit meaning from lower bumper spoiler, two side skirts and rear lower bumper spoiler. I don't know if you could find the oem ones as they might have been discontinued but you could check on ebay, or any Honda dealership they look really sharp and will change the complete look of your car. Since it will be costly I would suggest do one spoiler at a time depending on your budget. Hope this help. links were

handaaccessories.com but I believe they don't have it any more.
Pier7866 is offline   Reply With Quote