Pulling compressor relay over the winter on 2013 w/climate control - Honda Civic Forum

8th & 9th Generation Civic In the years from 2006 to 2015 Honda released its 8th & 9th Generation Civic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2015   #1
30 Years Driving Japanese Autos

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Pulling compressor relay over the winter on 2013 w/climate control

The system will engage the compressor regardless of selections made... and likely no hidden procedure to disable it, as in past models I've owned.

Think about pulling the relay....anyone think it will cause issues ?? other then tough to clear some heavy condensation on the windshield at times without engaging compressor.

Love the climate control and want to use it, but don't want compressor cycling.

Thanks !!
CraigW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015   #2
Thrust, parry and riposte

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pulling compressor relay over the winter on 2013 w/climate control

Quote:
and likely no hidden procedure to disable it, as in past models I've owned.
Search!!! I found the procedure to alter how the HVAC controller operates in my car when I first got it...
AC is now manually controllable when the defroster is on.

Gotta fly for now
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015   #3

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I will do some more looking the 7ths, 8ths, and 9ths all have the disable method available.... but nothing that I could locate on models with climate control.
Old 10-02-2015   #4
Thrust, parry and riposte

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
with climate control.
Didn't realize you have this, sorry.

Put it on a toggle switch?
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015   #5

I vowed on this car to tear nothing apart as in the past (cough, cough, lighted key cylinder and extra interior lighting, variable delay wipers and that damn single wire needed)

I know those relays are in super tight to get out, may see if my mechanic has one of the pullers on hand.

Did some more searching this AM and found little info on disable, was hoping the Acura peeps had uncovered a procedure.
Old 10-13-2015   #6

Found by accident yesterday..... so simple. In manual mode (and maybe in auto as well) simply press the A/C button, and display will then say A/C Off.

I had it in Floor/Def setting and the compressor does not engage now.

Even a blind squirrel.......