Tuning question - Honda Civic Forum

8th & 9th Generation Civic In the years from 2006 to 2015 Honda released its 8th & 9th Generation Civic.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2015   #1
Registered!!

S1N7H3T1C is an unknown quantity at this point
Tuning question

Hey guys,

I put a K&N Typhoon SRI on my 2014 Civic Si, and I am planning on getting a catted downpipe with skunk2 RR exhaust at some point. I just wanted to know, does it make any sense to get a tuning on my car after doing these bolt-ons? If so, how much of a difference will it make?

I've been looking at the VitViper eTuning service online, if anyone has used this and has some feedback on it, it would be greatly appreciated as well.
S1N7H3T1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015   #2
pleasure spiked with pain

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Tuning question

Does Hondata have a Flash-Pro for 2014?

If so that is your best bet, Hondata is the shizz!
GolNat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015   #3
I'm such a Ricer!

mac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of lightmac25 is a glorious beacon of light

I would just do an idle relearn. save your money to get tuned when you've done some internals or FI. imo
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015   #4
May contain disturbing content

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to drop some coin, VitViper is one of the best, great reputation.
I believe they use FlashPro
There is power that can be unlocked from those cars even without bolt ons. They posted one comparing a bone stock 12 Si to same car with just a tune. See this link (I hate to link to another forum, but there ya go)
ezone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015   #5
Registered!!

S1N7H3T1C is an unknown quantity at this point

That's pretty legitimate. I plan on getting some internal at some point, but I'd rather stock up on a good amount of them and do it all at once so I'm not ripping into the engine multiple times. But I'll probably end up doing the eTune once I got all my bolt on's taken care of.
S1N7H3T1C is offline   Reply With Quote